"Mind Reader"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rogue Trader, Sep 23, 2002.

1. DblArrow

DblArrow

A little late to this party but that is pretty cool. It took 4 tries to get it...and after reading some of the responses I was surprised I even got it that fast!!:D :D

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#51     Oct 18, 2002
  2. jem

jem

I looked at it sort of stunned and said nah he would not set this up to take a one out of six guess, so it is not like he hid the right answer in the column that people usually pick.... sort of the opposite of an SAT. Then when I ... ... ... my...... ...... I thought it was a very good gig and felt sort of ticked I was even caught off guard at all. Hats off to a good design. I guess I had an edge over the some of others because I picked my card in sort of a methodical way. Hence the advantage of trading a plan,

#52     Oct 19, 2002
  3. I can read a thread and feel intelligent!!

#53     Oct 19, 2002
  4. That was a good exercise for being a free thinker. I got it right away. I'd be interested in hearing more insights about how traders fall into the trap of believing in false perceptions of the market's true nature.

#54     Oct 19, 2002
  5. gnome

gnome

As it took me 12 tries to get it, maybe there's a correlation... Struggling, small traders get it right off the bat; old, big traders who've mad lots of $$$ don't get it very fast. Yea, maybe that's it! Must be.:D

#55     Oct 19, 2002
  6. JayK

JayK

What I'm always trying to do is minimize my effort to perceive, analyze, understand, and focus on learning how to react without too much mind work getting in the way. Like Karate, wine tasting, love making: stop thinking and take action out of your heart and belly, not your brain :)

#56     Oct 19, 2002
  7. Thanks for the inquiry....and a gdod question it is. Often, we all are creatures of what I call 'common wisdom,' based on media reports, rumors, email, etc...and we tend to lose sight of the goals we have researched, and thus, stray away from the mission. Good examples last week included CNN reports of earnings, and a couple of 'inside trade' messages floating around the net....self-fullfilling prophesies of skepticism ran rampant, and folks reacted. Reaction is backward thinking...proactive, goal-focused thinking is the key...and those who thought the latter did well. Research an investment and set a goal...spend 90% of your time in research, and igore the media hype....and stay on course..
    I did this 2 weeks ago, as did others....and modest investments proved beneficial indeed...
    Ron
    www.ronbarnette.com

#57     Oct 19, 2002
  8. "Attachment the great fabricator of illusions" ~Simone Wiel~

#58     Oct 19, 2002
  9. As the author of the 'Mind Reading' experiment, I have always been interested in how people react to new decision situations, An example of how people decide on how they think other people think is now posted on my website...check it out and see what you can earn...or not...no risk, just an interesting experiment in how people think about their self interest..go for it..

ronbarnette.com/Zeno/zeno.htm

Cheers,
    Ron Barnette

#59     Oct 19, 2002
  10. #60     Oct 19, 2002