'Mind over Markets' or 'Markets in Profile'(new)?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TraderD, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Well he posts here sometimes, maybe he will respond to this.

these are two of the best trading books ever made, period. it really depends on how deep you want to get into auction market theory if the second book will be worth it or not.

#11     Jul 3, 2007
  2. I am shocked by the responses in this thread. Markets in Profile is the best trading book I have ever read. Mind Over Markets is an fine explanation of Market Profile and how its constructed, but Markets In Profile gives context and applications not found in the first book.

Markets In Profile is a must read in my opinion.

#12     Jul 11, 2007
  3. I also bought this book on Brett's Amazon review. I am shocked you can't see what the authors are giving the readers. The first book did not provide jack squat in terms of context and how to develop expectations of identifying opportunities where reward far outweigh risk. Why can't you see this?

To attack someone's review of this book is very short-sighted, especially calling it a marketing ploy. Your post is short-sighted too; probably just like your trading.

#13     Jul 11, 2007
  4. The "Markets in Profile" book is disappointing. I read thru ~100 pages before coming upon anything new and original. Afterwards, there was very little substance to the book. If you already have a good grasp of market profile concepts, you can do without the book and not be missing out on anything. If you're a profile-junkie, buy it but be prepared to hear the authors drone on and on about price and value.

#14     Jul 12, 2007