Mind Control 101 – Trading cults in ET

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rabbitone, Apr 20, 2009.

1. There are many knowledgeable people here ... you just have to be careful about who you listen to and become involved with.

It's the same as connecting with people on the internet everywhere ... be very careful.

#51     Apr 24, 2009
  2. I am inclined to disagree. A good communicator actually communicates. What did Jack's post actually communicate? I would suggest that Jack is a great at obfuscation, which only passes for communication for those disinclined to pay attention. In sum, I agree with your post. However, I disagree with the label. Let us not confuse obfuscation and manipulation with actual communication. Communicators are clear. Obfuscators and manipulators are not.

#52     Apr 24, 2009
  3. T2GR8T

T2GR8T

If a concept, system or methodology cannot be explained simply and concisely it is either not valid or the author is a poor communicator

#53     Apr 24, 2009
  4. jjf

jjf

what does communication (good or bad) have to do with profitable trading.

#54     Apr 24, 2009
  5. T2GR8T

T2GR8T

Nothing (Much like Jack) unless you are one of the brain dead droooling sycophants that think his drivel will lead them to the holy grail :p

#55     Apr 24, 2009
  6. dozu888

dozu888

very likely these cultsters never got enough attention from mommie when they were little - being the middle child, coming from an abusive family... you name it.

psychology 101 says these personalities have tendency to become attention seekers later in their adult life..

ET being a semi anonymous place it is, and trading being a semi science semi art skill it is, it's the perfect environment to form a cult and enjoy the warm and fuzzy that feels like sucking on mommie's nipple.

#56     Apr 24, 2009
  7. Neoxx

Neoxx

Respect should not be confused with naïveté, nor acquiescence with blind obedience.

I would not presume to dismiss another’s comments, particularly if their experience dwarfed my own. I have neither the vanity nor the temerity.

Material cannot be judged nor disregarded merely for challenging preconceptions or eluding rapid understanding.

But it’s no individual fault. It’s a sign of the times.

The culture of instant gratification.

Fickle, short-sighted and ultimately self-centred.

#57     Apr 24, 2009
  8. RT – Your thoughts were excellent. They always open a new vista so we can all share knowledge. Here is a slightly different slant on your thoughts.

You said” My mind is the most precious tool I have.” These words say it all. If the brain is not prepared correctly there are many mind controllers waiting in the wings to take advantage of each of us. Many on ET forums have dropped their guard down and allowed their brains to be played with like toys by these mind controllers.

Why do we allow this mind control to happen? I’m reminded of Aldous Huxleys quote “If most of us remain ignorant of ourselves, it is because self-knowledge is painful and we prefer the pleasures of illusion.” We each harbor illusions. It is hard not to have them. But if we approach learning on forums like ET with our objective to fulfill these illusions we can all (my self include) be taken in by those who wish to control our minds.

Trading is so much a test of our self-knowledge; if you are ill prepared to take care of YOU, as RT noted, than trading will rip you apart. When you add mind controllers to your trading it is a dangerous mix. These mind controllers can take you in directions if you knew your self thoroughly you would not go in.

When “From a newbie’s stand point – compound that openness – with an eagerness and willingness to learn” mind controllers are there to take over these newbie’s illusions. These new traders are willing to accept false and misleading trading premises not because these methods do not work, but because it is too painful to understand self knowledge and how they really function.

You said” Their minds are much more open to anything – and very receptive to it all… (How many times have we heard a newbie say “teach me I will listen and do anything you say”) “ This is where mind controllers drive these new traders into the grounds of submission. When the “newbie” tries the new trading technique and they fail to make the trade work, the mind controller has a field day. They rip the newbie up and down for not using their method. And because the trade is over the mind controller states exactly how it should have been done to exact measurements (but, never show their trade which actually lost money).

Almost every ET thread shows signs of traders warding off mind control. This is why many replies on ET are characterized with such violent repulsiveness. These traders refuse to be mind controlled in any form and let other traders know it. They know they can’t let there guard down for a moment or some one will be picking their brain apart to control it.

#58     Apr 24, 2009
  9. Yes, the psychodynamics of these mind controllers based on emotional forces or processes developing especially in early childhood would be an interesting area to examine.

#59     Apr 24, 2009
  10. Those are nicely worded thoughts.

But for traders and mind control I see it slightly different:

We should know what our convictions are, and stand for them. Upon one's own philosophy, conscious or unconscious, depends one's ultimate interpretation of facts. Therefore it is wise to be as clear as possible about one's subjective principles. As the man is, so will be his ultimate truth. – Carl Jung

#60     Apr 24, 2009