Mind Control 101 – Trading cults in ET

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rabbitone, Apr 20, 2009.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

interesting question, for me it will be in small dose on case by case basis, slowly with lots of tweaking if needed.
    ps. that is if you have more time, if you don't you just ramp up the dose and hope for the best.

#11     Apr 21, 2009
  2. T2GR8T

T2GR8T

But you were sucked in by Jack Hershey R. Raskolnikov (The Swordsman).. you were one of the drooling idiots that fell for his schtick

#12     Apr 21, 2009
  3. Eschew obfuscation. This should be your objective. Many threads have such a high rate of “wordiness” that it should be a warning flag. These mind control artist intentionally make trading concepts difficult to understand.

Jack Hershey is a master of “chunk up” and the mysterious. This allows him to make you the reader feel he is bigger than you. With god like confidence Jack spews forth terminology to show he is trading in a higher place than you are and that if you do not listen you will never attain. To reinforce his dialog Jack sights trading greats and study after study. Most of which have no bearing to what is being discussed.

#13     Apr 23, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Rabbitone,

If I may Sir

I believe

some post - to make others think

some post - to lull/ lure others into allowing someone to think for them

And maybe sometimes it is hard to tell the difference Sir

Take Care

#14     Apr 23, 2009
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

#15     Apr 23, 2009
  6. T2GR8T

T2GR8T

Jack Hershey has never traded in his life.. if one of his supporters would care to post a link to his track record I will retract my statement.

#16     Apr 23, 2009
  7. Rabbitone,

Interesting commentary. What do you think motivates such cultsters? Megalomania, perhaps? A pecuniary angle? A combination of the two? The reason I ask is that Jack Hershey, presumably one of the people to whom your thread refers, has not ever asked for money to my knowledge. I can barely read any of his posts to completion, if at all, and I have accused him of possessing a messianic mien and no substance. Is he simply an attention hound in your opinion?

#17     Apr 23, 2009
  8. Your post indeed made me think. As they always do because they are insightful. I admire the beauty of your thoughts. They are simple, direct, pure and to the point. It is what I have as goal. But more often miss that mark because I love my own ramblings.

The question is “What should a forum thread produce for those who contribute; as opposed to being a mind control mechanism.” The answer is the whole must be more than the sum of its parts. When traders become "attuned" to -- or synergized with – some trading topic, they become more than just their thread. This is when we think “outside the box” with progress and learning proliferating.

The reason I started this tread is large numbers of new traders (some who wrote me) are being swallowed up in these forms of mind control. These traders are susceptible to the worm (profits) on the hook (hope) that an intricate trading method (shown by chunk up and mystery) of the wizard trader (whose is god like on a higher plain) lead up the line on his fishing pole (will lead you to the big profits to satisfy your basic needs and wants).

We all, including myself, are susceptible because it I hard to know the difference, as you observe, when we have nothing to compare it to. But if we think about the methods being used we will be less susceptible to being taking the wrong paths in our trading.

Thank you.

#18     Apr 23, 2009
  9. I agree with this thought. For those that boast of methods that can change all of our lives we should put their “feet to the fire” and ask them to produce audited results. Otherwise they must be written as mind controllers.

#19     Apr 23, 2009
  10. Thank you for your question.

When it comes to leadership, everyone likes to focus on the positive like Abraham Lincoln and Oprah Winfrey rather than Adolf Hitler and Jim Jones. History and trading are full of both good and bad leaders. Focusing on bad leadership is often over looked. Mind control is a form of bad leadership.

Many of the traders who take on mind control leadership in these forums do not have a psychopathological condition that are characterized by fantasies of wealth, power or omnipotence on the scale of Hitler. Mind control trader leaders are much simpler in their needs. These traders often have low self-esteem that the ET forum allows them to keep in check.

Mind control traders are often thrown into the role they would least prefer - leader. This happens because these traders are gifted at communicating. Forums like these make it be quite easy for them to misuse this ability. If this same trader spoke directly to us face to face they would be not be able to express themselves out of fear of verbal reprisals and would isaunter away quietly while cowering from this form of leadership experience.

Once these traders start writing to us they assert their communication skill to gain themselves power and recognition in the trading community. To their surprise it is accepted. This is when they adopt mind control as a mask. They stop at nothing to keep up a façade that would not work in the face-to-face world. They are drunk on the power they have never had before – keeping the attention of others. Often with this there is no pecuniary angle involved.

The other half of this equation is what I call bad followers. The dark side of these followers is often what causes them to tolerate manipulation and mistreatment by a trader who acts as their leader. Mind control trader leaders will be narcissistic and compulsive, while the people who listen to them will tend toward the codependent or passive-aggressive side (a characteristic of many newbie traders). The writing tactics I spoke of earlier are what mind control trader leaders spew forth on their followers.

#20     Apr 23, 2009