Min account balance

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by naz9403, Apr 26, 2005.

1. naz9403

naz9403

Yes, stake of 2500 is cutting it close, i'd pretty much have to bank on my first few trades which having to win being a bad ingredient in trading emotions. Other route is mini commodities where a tick is $1.25, i could trade those but comissions and sometimes non liquid sessions might get me. I appreciate the insight. I for sure am not trading the spot forex market again so my $2500 is staying with futures at this moment as it be mini dow or mini commodities.

#11     Apr 27, 2005
  2. try $75k

#12     Apr 27, 2005
  3. Why DON'T people LISTEN????

#13     Apr 27, 2005
  4. naz9403

naz9403

I believe 2500 should be fine after some research into the mini's. If a trader can not get 5/10 trades in the money he or she should do something else.

#14     Apr 27, 2005
  5. If you have a proven method, then maybe it is "theoretically" possible. My question is did you just figure out your method and tested it or you have been trading your method all along and left with a small stake after living expense. If it is the latter case, then it kinda tells you it is not working for your overall situations and you have to be honest with yourself.... maybe get a job to build up a stake. If it is the first case, test the hell out of it and make sure entry/exit are realistic and the risk parameters are not pushing to the teeth. Also don't expect to pull a living expense out of this one :D

If your system is scalping a ES point or two (10-20 YM points) consistently and you know you're gonna lose a fair share of the times and sometimes for the whole month then that might sound right. If your system is riding the trade to the moon (intraday), then you need a bigger stake. There is no magic, it's all balancing risk/reward/accuracy... If you have something better, let me know :D

#15     Apr 27, 2005
  6. naz9403

naz9403

I grew $500 into 2500 trading forex. I do not enjoy the 24hr market anymore. I'm switching to the mini dow. This is my trading stake it is all i have. I am in college and $2500 is my only risk capital. Now be honest with 2500 i can survive 5 consecutive loses and still have margin to trade.

Wall street or nothing

#16     Apr 27, 2005
  7. John47

John47

are you factoring in charting and cost of front end?

#17     Apr 27, 2005
  8. naz9403

naz9403

Order entry is free, i do not need charts to trade, just real time quotes and quick execution. Commissions i factor in.

#18     Apr 27, 2005
  9. To be honest naz, if trading is what you want, you should focus on your college study instead of trading and get your grades up. I think that would be your best investment at this time which you can leverage off later. Take some computer programming courses... pass or no credit. You can really prepare yourself and plan a full-blown war strategy instead of punching and jabbing in the corner.

#19     Apr 27, 2005
  10. DVB

DVB

So true.

DVB

#20     Apr 27, 2005