Milton Friedman - The myth of a free lunch

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jan 10, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Such simple points that the left doesnt seem to understand. This video has never been more applicable than it is today.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YmqoCHR14n8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

An outstanding video. The problem is that the left understands this, but doesn't want to admit it is factually correct. Facts are kryptonite to the Left, and to the Keynesian establishment rooted there. Instead they would rather mince words, use semantics and bullshit to blind the public - who usually is quite happy being blind as long as they get a cell phone and internet connection/TV.

3. Unfortunately millions of kids have grown up and literally know there IS SUCH A THING AS A FREE LUNCH, because they got them at school.

hell, now days not only is the lunch free so is breakfast.

4. TGregg

TGregg

Outstanding piece. Maybe part of our current troubles could be solved if we had a new version of MF - some keen mind who spoke well and presented ideas consumable by the masses.

`Course, I bet half the country wouldn't be able to even follow that lecture.

5. pspr

pspr

I'm afraid the cause is already lost. Recently I've read that Obama carried NY City by a record 81% of the vote. That a poll shows about 46% identify with Democrats and just 42% identify with Republicans. That the Islamic Brotherhood has infiltrated the Obama Admin with advisers.

With all the evil that is pervading our government under the Democraps yet that they still have such support tells me that we are way past a tipping point for the salvation of America.

Mediocrity and dependence on government will be championed and the destruction of wealth and the American Dream will be ever more advanced in the months and years ahead through leftist driven attitudes and legislation.

While I expect enough of these trends to come together in months to collapse America or at least to create a crisis like none other, I see ways we could muddle along with slow growth and fiscal largess longer than might be expected.

6. I have never heard anyone claim that the government can spend money at no one's expense. Friedman is just using the phrase in a sensational way. You guys are easily impressed. This is basic economics I studied 30 years ago in economics 101.

7. Max E.

Max E.

Oh really? Well given the fact that you understand that government cant just spend money at no ones expense, would you care to explain to us how Keynesian economics is supposed to work?

Also please explain how the lefts view, that taking 60 billion a year off of high earners will have little to no effect on the economy.

8. And yet the genius that you are it still goes right over your pointy lil 'ead.

Oh well maybe another 30 yrs and you'll have a fricken clue.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Then why is it you've gone after posts that I've made criticizing the Fed, the Treasury and idiots like Krugman for professing policy and commentary saying precisely that? I suppose I can go back and find some of the quotes if I really have to waste the time.

10. TGregg

TGregg

LOL. One day the left is screaming about breaking windows to support economic gains and when it is disproved the next day, the left says "What? I didn't hear *anybody* saying we should break windows!"

#10     Jan 11, 2013