Milton Friedman dies

Discussion in 'Economics' started by a529612, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Cutten

Cutten

I suspect his net tax takings were significantly negative. There is no shame in trying to get back the loot that has been extorted from you by the government.

#31     Nov 18, 2006
  2. Couple of things;

First, your concept of trolling needs updating..There are plenty of great examples on ET. This isn't one of them.

Second, I believe I over-reacted to Clay's post. My Dad knew Dr. Friedmann and thought highly of him. I think highly of him as well and I believe at the end of his life, people should remember him as a person of good will at the very least.

Sorry Clay. My bad.

Steve

#32     Nov 18, 2006
  3. BookTV and its related C-SPAN are probably the least-watched (dry & prone to drone) on cable,
    but at times they do draw other viewers than just the bookish and the political wonks:

http://www.booktv.org/schedule/

http://www.booktv.org/watch/

"In Depth: Milton Friedman
    ... [on] November 19, 2006
    Milton Friedman sat down for a three hour In Depth program on September 3, 2000."

#33     Nov 18, 2006
  4. Daal

Daal

5. It is scheduled for 12:00 a.m. ET on Sunday, November 19.

#35     Nov 18, 2006
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Being a moderator hardly requires him to stop being a human being and having his own opinion on matters. Get your head out of your ass.

#36     Nov 19, 2006

7. what better way to illicit change than working from within?

surf

#37     Nov 19, 2006
  8. zdreg

zdreg

The University of Chicago is
    a private college.

it is quite interesting or after a certain pt. not so interesting how people play with the facts to suit their own beliefs.

#38     Nov 19, 2006
  9. Actually the fact that it is private has nothing to do with its being government subsidized, as are all major research universities. Examples abound, try Google, or read the acknowledgements footnote on virtually any economics paper or check the fundings for any medical school.

If you are going to play with facts yourself you ought to at least do a little research to see if its relevant.

#39     Nov 19, 2006
  10. zdreg

zdreg

obviously nearly every college in the US accepts some funds from the US goverment. there still is a distinction between a tax funded school which refers usually to a public university and a private university like the university of chicago.

#40     Nov 19, 2006