Millions to lose Unemployment benefits over the next month!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Nov 19, 2010.

1. My friend's girlfriend in NJ has been collecting $1,900 per month in unemployment for the last 99 weeks (since January 2009), and her unemployment expired last week. She only has a high school diploma and most likely she would not find a job that paid more than $1,900 per month, so what incentive is there to find a job when you can just sit back, collect unemployment, and do nothing. The state should have had her do something for the money instead of letting her do nothing for almost 2 years.

#11     Nov 19, 2010
  2. CaptainObvious

I concure. I had to start all over again. Not because I was laid off but because I decided to leave the "Trading" for a living profession and enter into Private Equity. First job in Private Equity, was salary plus comish. However, the Salary was super low. I raised millions for the firm and came to understand, I'm making them wealthy and getting a small % of the overall success, even though I had to find my own clients, consult, take them through the process and close them.

I broke off on my own. I had to fend for myself. I had to create my own "LLC" and become a partner in a partnership. I make ZERO base! I live 100% on comish. I have to live and die by the sword as do a few on this site. No one is gona save us if we fail!

I had to eat Top Reman, I had to count each penny and I had to downsize.

I was not laid off, but the GOVERNMENT would not support my move to better myself or support the possiblity of me employing someone one day.

99 weeks of "unemployment" is bullshit. It's welfair, period at point.

One may have to move, to a new town, a new city or even a new country to gain employment. You have to do what you got a do to make it. Wake up, the pussy game is over. No more 100K jobs sitting on your arse, no more easy money and retirement.

The new game is, do what you can to survive and try and climb that wealth ladder. Otherwise.....wollow in you own shite.

Non of my friends were saved when they lost their wealth, businesses, etc. Fuck the Gov. and Fuck the Freeloaders who are trying to get 99 weeks of "GOV AID".

#12     Nov 19, 2010
  3. The state should have had her do something for the money instead of letting her do nothing for almost 2 years.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good point Vinny. As in education, re-train, or even "Work" to better the community in one way or another.

IMHO, If you take GOV money you should have to do something. Not sit on your Arse, fuck, eat and sleep.

If your on the GOV pay roll, your on the Peoples Pay Roll.

#13     Nov 19, 2010
  4. i actually agree. its time to do something else besides cash for nothing. at a certian point they should have to do some kind of work. maybe we need another wpa.

#14     Nov 19, 2010
  5. Working to better the community sounds great. They can clean the highway, paint, give free landscaping to all of the residents in the town, farm, renovate homes, and fix the roads up.

#15     Nov 19, 2010
  6. somebody will have to supervise those unemployed working for free. this will automatically create thousands of new jobs!

#16     Nov 19, 2010
  7. I agree fella's.

I'm a capitalist but I belive that we could use the "Labor". It isn't free as the Taxpayer and the individual pay'd into the "Unemployment" Fund.

However, "Jobs" like infastructure,etc could lead to new skills and possible employment when the economy turns around. This could be a Win/Win situation.

I spoke to a very interesting Billionair here in SA at PF CHANGS of all places. We had lunch and he is OIL and "AUTO" Wealth. Lets just say the Vikings he once owen'd.

He stated that the longer one is unemployed the more the "WorkForce" looks at that person as lazy, or has a lack of skills. Even in this current Economic Situation, such a Stigma applies.

Also, the thought of any jobs coming back at the levels of 2000-2007 is absurd. This will be a slow job growth enviroment for the next decaded. He stated that it is a "Pickel" to be in but that migration to "Job States" may be what it takes. However, that the American Employee has become far lazyer and unwilling to give up "Material Things", take the risk to Move. Also, many are locked down in their area due to the "Housing" boom. People did not think about being mobile, during the boom they just ran out and bought "HOMES".

#17     Nov 19, 2010
  8. it sounds nice but its not going to happen. the republicans are not about sitting down, thinking through a problem and logically trying to solve it. the republicans only want one of two things. power or gridlock which they hope will lead to power.

#18     Nov 19, 2010
  9. rc8222

rc8222

And we currently have a clueless idiot as the president, ramming though trillion dollar entitlements, destroying the greatest health care system in the world, wanting to give amnesty to illegals, giving terrorists civilian trials, ignoring our economic situation by thinking you can just throw $850 Billion together in a stimulus bill that has failed miserably................ need I go on?????? Democrats haven't seen anything yet. They thought the 2010 election was a bloodbath, just wait for 2012!!!!! lol

#19     Nov 19, 2010
  10. I agree. This all or nothing deal is counter-productive. May be good idea to have those receiving full benefits work for half time at some useful public service and have the other half time for some hunting.

Another alternative is to have some very basic welfare safety net for all in need.

#20     Nov 19, 2010