Millions of Unemployed Face Years Without Jobs

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hermit, Feb 21, 2010.

1. The problem is we need World Wars to cull the excess amount of people.

ie: A conventional WWIII where 15% of working age Americans disappear when the war ends. And some new disease that kills off a large portion of the 60+ crowd. ie a new Birdflu that spreads quick.

We have excess humans and not enough jobs for them.

#11     Feb 22, 2010
  2. Hate to be Dr. Doom, but a cleansing of the population is needed not just for jobs sake. Resources, not the least of which is clean water, will soon become scarce. Energy, food, etc....this planet has a serious sustainability issue and it's only getting exponentially worse.

#12     Feb 22, 2010
  3. This is a lesson to everyone. Go into Finance and become the CEO of a major Financial Institution. Your ass will be safe forever!!. Guaranteed by the U.S Motha-F--in A Government.

[​IMG]

#13     Feb 22, 2010
  4. Well, anybody who suggests that has to kill himself first to sound convincing. :p

#14     Feb 22, 2010
  5. aegis

aegis

Things will greatly improve once all the boomers kick the bucket.

#15     Feb 22, 2010
  6. I think crime is the answer. The kind of crime that you don't get caught at directed at the right people to disincentivize low wages that occur because the difference is swallowed up in bonuses at the top and the discovery of subordinates ability to do the work of three of their former colleagues. Wealth gets redistributed in the private sector much more than it does in the public sector. You can only conclude that slavery is becoming repopularized and making a comeback when you read some of the sentiments expressed ...about. We wanna be rich damn it. :)

#16     Feb 22, 2010
  7. Get rid of the federal reserve, and we will all thrive. That's the solution.

#17     Feb 22, 2010
  8. Oh? And why is that? Does their death result in the instantaneous regeneration of all of the planet's resources?

#18     Feb 22, 2010
  9. Dismantle the Federal Reserve, put term limits on congress. Have elections every two years instead of 4. Limit campaign contributions

Use a consumption tax, remove the income tax. Our country would thrive.

The Federal Reserve is the cancer.

#19     Feb 22, 2010
  10. amndacatr

amndacatr

I do know that we are being heavily taxed, but the tax we paid are the things that has keep the country going during the bad times. Our country could be called as one of the best in world only because of the reserves we have and that's what the Federal Reserves hold such an important place for. I don't think that dissolving or removing them would be a good idea, but yes, I do agree that for the time being it should be reduced to a very minimum extent.

#20     May 7, 2010