Millions made, much of the world seen, what now?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Slartibartfast, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Well that was disappointing, the doc said I was a bit fat and yeah, a chunk of free testosterone will be getting trapped in my one-pack. Not surprised, I look slim but I'm taller.

[​IMG]

The interesting thing is I've been on a poly-pill for my heart, just usual long term thing. He recons that is interacting with my noradrenaline levels, an important brain neurotransmitter.

Labs to come but there you go. Simple as. But.. treasure hunting...

How is my spelling there @SunTrader ? Hope the coinz giving u lolz is it the BTC boyz like to say? TBH I can't tell at a glance if you trade crypto to hate crypto. :)

Well be singing, when we're winning!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    #41     Mar 24, 2018
  2. rtw

rtw

well, i saw the title for this thread on the digest et sends for the most popular posts of the week. it has turned out not like what i would have imagined.

anyway, for anyone who has made so much money that they wouldn't know what to do with it, i would strongly recommend two strategies:

- invest heavily in sustainability. the fossil fuel powered economy has proven really resilient for the last 100 years or so, but things are really bad with all the unsustainable debt public and private, plus all relevant governments and central banks being awfully overextended and energy not being what it was decades ago. not to mention the possibility of some large scale armed conflict. self sufficiency is the smartest thing anyone could invest in. there are lots of ways to do that and a lot of people with a lot of money have been known to be buying large farms in places like new zealand and the like.

- clean up your mess. for every 2,000 usd spent, one generates roughly one metric ton of co2 and equivalents. the more anyone makes and the more they spend, the larger their pollution footprint on the planet. however, it is possible to convert deserts into self sustaining, self sufficient, self replicating forests that generate income to pay for themselves. and really any kind of afforestation would work to offset at least part of one's emissions, same as producing food sustainably and locally wherever one lives would also help prevent sizable pollution emissions, resource waste and ecological damage.

#42     Mar 24, 2018
  3. exempli gratia?

#43     Mar 25, 2018
  4. rtw

rtw

sustainability is similar to what Will Allen and growing power do. it is also possible and easy to get a zero energy house like Josh Byrne and his Josh's house project show. heck, it is possible to go way beyond that and make one's house a net energy producer, not a consumer.

on a related note, there's also Jadav "Molai" Payeng and his life's work. that guy planted his own forest of hundreds of hectares, all alone, by hand. it can be seen from orbit on goggles's spying services. there are a number of documentaries about that kick-ass individual freely available on the internet.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    #44     Mar 25, 2018
    Sprout and fordewind like this.
  5. That`s awesome!

#45     Mar 25, 2018
  6. Humpy

Humpy

Maybe buy a chunk of Australian bush/desert and plant there. Yes it is hot and dry so you would need that Japanese plant that they used to control the dust bowl in the 1930s USA I have forgotten its name. The roots go very deep into the soil and cattle love it.

#46     Mar 25, 2018
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

How about the more dangerous physical activities while you are still younger, like scuba diving, sailing, rock climbing, paragliding, skydiving, kitesurfing, etc? They would keep you in shape at least...

Or this?:

[​IMG]

#47     Mar 25, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

By the way one of the subreddits on Reddit for your kind of problem is r/financialindependence, where people are talking about FI/RE (financial independence, retiring early).

Here is a guy with a somehow similar problem:

#48     Mar 25, 2018
  9. I have no interest in retiring, that may seem a lot of funds however every spare dime goes into something productive. I can't discuss it here but people would be impressed a the saving and improving life quality possibilities.

@Pekelo In 2014 I injured my back on a speedboat, just an a-b transport and got battered by a crappy driver hitting waves so giving the action man stuff a rest until I'm healed, nearly there. I've been a park ranger in Africa, many things, leaning into risk is something I trained myself into from later teenage years. Thankfully the bad back made me stop and smell the trading flowers.

A couple of years back when I realised my trading success were not some fluke, I began to sense the stereotypical effect of losing compassion. Being very decisive is sharpened by trading (scalping mostly though swings make as much) of course in part, but also knowing near anyone who annoys you is dismissable with a lawyer call..

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-wealth-reduces-compassion/

Epicurianism, living simply so you can enjoy the good things is my main key to happiness. I found this when I was about fifteen after searching most systems, amazed me that a man that long ago has such a no BS approach, particularly no unnecessary trappings of magic and stuff. It is not a religion, just a way of living. Stops me going over the edge.

I've read bits and pieces through that Reddit Pekelo thanks. I'll digest.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    #49     Mar 25, 2018
    #50     Mar 25, 2018