Millions made, much of the world seen, what now?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Slartibartfast, Mar 23, 2018.

1. I have taken rather a lot of drugs as a kid on my world travels. I saw Altered States in the cinema in 1980, gave me some ambition in this regard. Maybe time for a reprieve, been a good boy a long time now. ;)

#11     Mar 23, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  2. traider

traider

You seem to be a discretionary trader, doesn't that take all your effort and focus during trading?
    Find that I'm totally drained after a session, can't do anything else cept watch some entertaining youtube...

#12     Mar 23, 2018
    CSEtrader and Slartibartfast like this.
  3. Okdokey, called around, great in Medellin, many great medical centers, I'll get some blood tests done tomorrow at an endocrinologist.

The universe being the universe I just got word my GF's brother's father-in-law has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Fit guy for 73. I guess the cosmic forces I don't believe in are messing with me again.

Sometimes the gods throw a rock through the window with a note attached saying "yes we do". I have a collection of those under the sofa. Best to ignore threats. ;)

#13     Mar 23, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. I also run bots so that helps. I have an audio system to alert me to anything going wrong so I can usually take my eye off it. It is all part of a method to not mentally exhaust myself.

The first couple of years I was like a "long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs". I got rid of most of the screens, continued trading in parallel however more of a "serial parallel" entering trades to suit my energy rather than taking all comers.Scalping has a new opportunity all the time.

Works for me. So right now I'm long from 23859 on YM and .. I will shortly hear order filled, if not I'll look in 30 seconds if my direction tone changes.

#14     Mar 23, 2018
    CSEtrader and PsychicPretzel like this.
  5. Ahh yes, the old meaning of life that comes knocking every now and again. Pounds harder as we age. I can only refer you to read some of the writing by Carl Jung. Just a couple quotes to send you down the path of enlightenment. “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
    "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness.”

Here's something to wet your interest.
    According to Carl Jung, what prevents people from becoming autonomous, fulfilled and ultimately happy is their refusal to open themselves to experiences that are new and unfamiliar, and thus potentially threatening to their sense of self. Jung created some of the best known psychological concepts, including the archetype, the collective unconscious, the complex, and extraversion and introversion.

The psychologist believed that there are 4 archetypes, 4 stages that we go through during our lifetime.

1) The Athlete
    The athlete is the least mature of the 4 stages. It's the phase early in our lives, when we are more selfish and we tend to care more about out physical appearance rather than our soul and spirit. The athlete phase can be narcissistic, critical, or even both. He also values the body much more than the mind and heart.
    2) The Warrior
    The warrior illustrates the beginning of the adult years, when people gradually understand how to deal with bigger responsibilities. This is the time when we want to conquer the world. We want to be the best and have the best. We act as warriors act, and we do what warriors do. We’re always prepared for battle, even when it doesn’ t matter and isn’ t necessary. This is a stage when we continually think of ways to get more than everybody else, a stage of comparison, of defeating those around so we can feel better. As years go by people strive to gain independence, find a mate, and raise a family.
    3) The Statement
    At that phase, a person understands that they're not fulfilled with everything they have achieved. It's the time when we realize that happiness isn't what we were after. You now realize what you chased after until now, money, power, possessions etc. will keep on appearing in your life but you no longer attribute them the same value as before, you no longer are attached to those things because you are now in a different stage of your life, where you know there is more to life than that. You receive them, you accept them and you are grateful, but you are ready to let go of them at any time. The mid-life stage is a process that is full of promise. There is a great resource within that is untapped in each of us
    4) The Spirit
    This is the final stage in a human's life. It's the phase when we finally realize that the 3 previous stages weren't who and what we are. It's then clear that a person is much more than their body, more than their possessions, more than the people they love. Each single person is a divine spiritual being. The realization that we will not live forever creates tension, so when we become the spirit, we also become the observer of our lives and we see world from a different perspective. The years of the spirit are the years of wisdom.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    #15     Mar 23, 2018
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

-Reddit
    -motorcycling or small airplanes
    -boardgames (Eurogames)
    -dogs (OK, you can have a cat or two too)
    -etc.

#16     Mar 23, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  7. Maybe not Reddit, never really looked at it TBH, ET is the only thing I've done (always had a normal job, not trading) but I have been plane shopping for a while. Just my Spanish is not great so it needs to be a lot better for local air traffic control.

I may take on building a great house but I'd better get the heath assessment first.

On the top 20 things to do before you die I've done 18-19 and the remainders... not really desireable. We need a bigger bucket.

I'm disappointed nobody has said take a lot of ketamine.. ;)

#17     Mar 23, 2018
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Kratom, baby kratom. :)

Anyhow, in a way I am in a similar shoe than you. The truth is with technology the world got much smaller and nowadays even a middle class person with a good job can have much more life experience than kings had centuries ago. Now with virtual reality you don't even need to visit places, but even a 4K big screen TV is just as good to see Italy, The Mars or whatever you want. Hell, on Youtube I can find concerts I attended when I was 20.

Once the kids are out of the house and you are comfortable financially, you are looking at 4 decades of pleasure if you wish. That is a helluva lot of time for satisfying one's needs. (not just bear necessities) :)

So all in all, there is no good or universal answer, everyone has to find their on hobby, meaning, fulfillment.

The reason I mentioned Reddit because the readership is there thousand times more than here, so you might get more interesting answers.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

#18     Mar 23, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  9. I'll have a look thanks.

I believe a part of this in the last year is old fashioned overwork, trading is too dominant in my mind though I always worked excessively. There is no regulator on futures trading beyond the weekend, thank god for that. Also you can't really talk to anyone in your real life about it and once past middle ability, hopeless to talk on forums.

When you can make armfuls of filthy lucre an hour and can do that all day.. it is not quite greed but just a feeling of guilt in not buckling down because it is there to be made?

A "new stupid money" thing :) , I've always done well but this is a massive leap ahead. I love trading of course, but it may be killing me softly..

Your egg reminds me of a good move to re-watch this weekend http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191111/ Enter the Void.

The old re-incarnating but in non-linear time one is rare to see. When I first noodled that myself as a young man it made a lot of sense of the nature of evil. Stop hitting yourself...

#19     Mar 23, 2018
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Weekend reading:

#20     Mar 23, 2018
    CSEtrader and Slartibartfast like this.