Millions made, much of the world seen, what now?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Slartibartfast, Mar 23, 2018.

1. What a crock try to eat healthy...look at the Romaine lettuce recall. The current state of food is a shame, but I also understand hard to feed so many with so limited resources need to keep the bugs out.

I don't know what the solution is.

#171     Jun 6, 2018
  2. Yeah, I know, but what are you gonna do? Romaine lettuce was one of the two leafy greens that I had regularly, together with spinach in my garden salads. Until the matter is fully resolved, I replaced it with iceberg lettuce.

#172     Jun 6, 2018
  3. And iceberg is practically devoid of nutrients in comparison to Romaine or Kale. Crying shame..

Cancer patients are told to eat lots of Romaine!

#173     Jun 6, 2018
  4. I think iceberg is given a bad rap. It's not as nutritious as the darker leafy greens but it is not without some charm. I'd eat kale, but I don't tolerate cruciferous vegetables very well. My loss.

#174     Jun 6, 2018
  5. What do you mean you don't tolerate?

#175     Jun 6, 2018
  6. We are hijacking Slart's thread, sorry Slart.

#176     Jun 6, 2018
  7. bone

bone

I think it's kinda cool that you're in the rain forest. Hell of a lot more fulfilling than arguing with me over in the politics forums.

There are some things you should avoid, so I've put together a pictorial list of dangerous things found in Columbia:

Anacondas big enough to eat cattle:
    [​IMG]

The Fer-de-Lance:
    [​IMG]

The Jaguar, which will snatch your ass out of bed at night and drag you away by your skull:
    [​IMG]

And the most dangerous animals my research has uncovered that reside in Columbia:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#177     Jun 6, 2018
  8. OMG, I'm moving to Colombia!! fuck the snakes!

#178     Jun 6, 2018
  9. bone

bone

Dude, I used to share a trading office with a rather famous Russian bond trader over in the CME building. He had a Columbian girlfriend who went on to get her PhD in Psychology and she ended up on NPR in Chicago. I was super jealous - smart and smoking hot. He dumped her in the midst of a wild losing streak.

#179     Jun 6, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  10. Rain forest would be the Amazonas (south), too many mosquitoes. That snake looks Brazilian :) However thanks to escapees from Escobar's zoo there are plenty of hippos to crunch yer bones. Meanest vegetarians on the planet. I'm amazed that has not happened yet.

The weather in Medellin anyway is they say like San Diego or to me like the mountains in northern Thailand. Warm and not horribly humid like stupid Panama..31c the mercury says in Panama city right now and if it rains humidity will reach soup in 10 minutes.

Women are really really hot there (Colombia, NOT Panama) however. It is the Miss Universe farm on Donny's map f the world. But they are nice and treat you better than you deserve most often :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    #180     Jun 6, 2018