Millions in US lack bank access

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by pcvix, Dec 9, 2009.

1. zdreg

zdreg

many more people have been parking money in wal-mart gift cards because banks are making it more difficult to open up accounts.

http://digg.com/d31CKNa

it is going to be more difficult to get a store credit card if new rules go through in february 2010.
    this is expected as the US becomes a nanny state under obama. decisions will be made by big government for your protection.

#11     Dec 9, 2009
  2. I have lived without bank or credit card since I left home. I cash my work check at my companies bank. They do not require an account, just 2 forms of id.

I pay my rent by cash.
    I buy all goods by cash.
    Anything that needs credit card I use prepay visa i buy from loan store.

Extra money I keep at my brothers house. Sure it's risky, but no less risky then the govt taking all your money.

I don't ever want a bank account or need one. No justification for it.

#12     Dec 9, 2009
  3. l2tradr

l2tradr

Do you have a brokerage account?

#13     Dec 9, 2009
  4. Yes, but it's in my brothers name, I log in and do the work.

And for those interested, bank of american in california does not even require SS# to use them. I did not know about this till refered by some mexicans. I went in one of the branches and you can open or just use them. You don't even need US drivers license ID you can use a mexico drivers license/Mexican Federal ID, which are pretty easy to duplicate.

I think the ones in Texas and Arizona and New Mexico follow the same rules, but the one in illinois required a SS# :-(

It seems the banks are regulated by state, otherwise not sure why bank of america would have different rules for each state.

just fyi.

#14     Dec 9, 2009