Millionaires predict 10% stock-market rise for 2007

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Corelio

Corelio

I would be careful in posting charts and the work of others that have copyright protection. Mr. Zanger might not be too pleased...

#11     Feb 9, 2007
  2. Makloda, I like you a lot, but Corelio is right.

Dan would not be pleased.

#12     Feb 9, 2007
  3. I will take the other side of that one. We are in a maturing bull market...

#13     Feb 9, 2007
  4. You're right. I didn't mean to pass this as my own work. www.chartpattern.com is the website. My apologies.

#14     Feb 9, 2007
  5. This is the funniest post I've seen in quite some time. LOL:D

Makloda, you just used a chart showing a breakout from a rising wedge to indicate that we're gonna run higher from here. You seem to be oblivious to the fact the the exact same setup occured in MAY, which is also highlighted on that chart. In may, this exact setup resulted in a 100pt. drop in SPX. If we trust the chart you posted we'd be looking for a drop to somewhere around 1330-1340.

I'm not saying the chart is good or bad, but I've never actually seen someone support their theory with a chart that would indicate the opposite. In fact, the whole reason for the author (I guess his name is Mr. Zanger) assembling that chart was to demonstrate that there is significant risk of a big drop here.

Amazing!!! Anyway, you really should post your own charts. Mine differs from his but it still shows at least a minor correction here, back to about 1425.

#15     Feb 9, 2007
  6. If it is like May then nothing wrong with a 100 shakeout followed by a 200 point rise.... that would put us well over 1500 :D

#16     Feb 9, 2007
  7. Cache.... makloda said that it is like MAY AND a huge drop would occur.... maybe you missed where he said that lol....

#17     Feb 9, 2007
  8. Just re-read his post and I must be missing where he is saying that he expects another big drop.:confused:

#18     Feb 9, 2007
  9. I am sorry I was reading the quote INSIDE the chart which I assume was from Dan who said it looks like the same set up for a large drop but that he hopes it does not happen (do not understand why since you make more money in a falling market faster lol).

my bad...

#19     Feb 9, 2007
  10. I would feel a lot better about hitting 1500 if we gave up 100 first.

#20     Feb 9, 2007