Millionaire traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by magnum29464, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Sorry, have to disagree bigtime with this. Big difference btw someone who makes $10 a day vrs someone making $1000 a day trading. One isnt a sustainable living in the US and the other places you in the top few percent of all earners. Both are profitable but....

#11     Jan 30, 2008
  2. true enough...but people get too rapped up on what some ones net worth is...as long as your lifestyle is comfortable and you are happy with what you make then thats fine....

I personally don't know any millionaire traders, but I have met many successful traders. Whether they are millionaires or not, you would never know from just looking at them.

what a trader makes is irrelevant as long as he is profitable...and can support his lifestyle.

#12     Jan 30, 2008
  3. mokwit

mokwit

Agree with this. Answering to nobody is worth a loss of earnings vs cororate world so long as the bills can be paid.

#13     Jan 30, 2008
  4. morreo

morreo

Ray Cahnman has made millions from trading. I've actually seen him make a million in a week with my own two eyes. The craziest part is he made a pretty smooth transition from the pits to electronic.

#14     Jan 30, 2008
  5. mtwokay

mtwokay

Exactly!

Rich is relative. For some rich is just enough to live debt free in a 2K SF 1960 home with a nice sail boat and time to play golf every day for the rest of their life. For others, rich is flying around in their private jet being able to go to anyplace on earth, eat fine food, drink fine wine, and enjoy all that life has to offer.

Rich is what you want it to be. Just don't let others define it for you. You'll never be satisfied.

#15     Jan 30, 2008
  6. Ultimately the most important thing is you afford yourself a lifestyle that suits your needs. Personally I live well below my means, mainly because I am just not a "stuff" guy. I am happy with good wine, good food and not much else materialistically.

#16     Jan 30, 2008
  7. Hey Clacy,
    Do you know what town along the border of MN/IA? I have relatives there in the Carpenter, St. Ansgar area and now you have me wondering if they've been holding out. LOL,Seriously I'd be curious to ask them if they knew the guy. They don't farm anymore, but lease out there land to the neighbors to farm.

#17     Jan 30, 2008
  8. what is his trading method. I've read that he is the obsessive type watching the market constantly..

#18     Jan 30, 2008
  9. I know one HF Manager who is a trader at heart, and another local guy who has pulled in a few million from the markets over the years. The former makes 100X what the other makes.

#19     Jan 30, 2008
  10. prop traders?

#20     Jan 31, 2008