Millionaire Traders - Market Maker or Market Taker?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jbt, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Kalle

Kalle

Hi RedDuke,

it's Chuck's private chat room mentioned in 'Millionaire Traders'. It is not open to the public. I've been there almost from the beginning and that's the place I met jbt, too.

Kalle

#181     Mar 23, 2008
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Thanks Kalle.

#182     Mar 23, 2008
  3. Greene

Greene

Met Boris at the L.A. Trader's Expo and had just finished reading the book. One of the best I have read with some of the most intrepid traders around. An excellent read with good and practical market information no matter what you trade.... Thanks again.....

#183     Jul 4, 2008
  4. hlpsg

hlpsg

Hi Boris,
    Have almost finished reading the book. Great book, and I had a few questions.

Your question above, are you a market maker or market taker, does the "market maker" type of trader trade directionally or...? I don't quite understand the difference would you mind elaborating or giving an example of how this works.

Secondly, this might be a very naive question but of all the traders you interviewed, what kind of returns on capital were they making? I'm curious about what a scalper, FX trader and emini trader might make annually returns wise and also what's possible, if it's ok to talk about it.

Thanks.

#184     Feb 6, 2009
  5. wave

wave

#185     Feb 6, 2009
  6. Is that the same Chuck Hays that was highlighted in the book?

#186     Feb 6, 2009
  7. Sure looks like him. The Chuck Hays in the book was also from Minneapolis.

This is really pathetic. His style of trading (as described in the book) was the most interesting to me. I'm curious if the book authors did any due diligence to verify that he actually was ever a successful trader before he created his ponzi scheme trading fund.

#187     Feb 6, 2009