Millionaire still eligible for foodstamps

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, May 19, 2011.

1. The real question is how many Republicans even receive these checks? If what you say is true, and Republicans really want to get rid of these programs then why would anyone on these programs be a Republican? This is exactly why these programs need a serious overhaul. They are basically a form of modern day slavery, practically forcing anyone on these programs to become slaves to the Democrat party in order to keep their programs and free money rolling in.

I don't think they need to be cut off entirely but I do think that ALL ABLE BODIED people on these programs should be forced to do community service in exchange for this money. They should not be allowed to sit around drinking 40's and smoking dope all day on MY dime. Better yet instead of providing free cash, how about the government provides some job training so they can get jobs and then cut them off the government tit? Don't get me wrong I do fully support these programs for anyone NOT able to work such has the elderly and handicapped, but there is absolutely no excuse for the taxpayer to give free money to people that are just too lazy to actually work.

#21     May 24, 2011
  2. No wonder Michigan is the second worst state in the union.

#22     May 24, 2011
  3. wasn't there something bout lot of expats changing their nationality because of the US's high taxation and ... failing system of SS + medicare?

#23     May 25, 2011