Millennials Flood Into Precious Metals: Is Gold The Next TSLA?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Bugsy, Jul 24, 2020.

1. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Until the institutions decide to fuck them all over and down we go

#11     Jul 25, 2020
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Playing the Gold/Silver and related miners this year is a very rational trade not at all dissimilar to what occurred from 2009-2011. If anything it's been underplayed the stocks are badly lagging the metal prices suggesting more people then not don't think the metal prices will sustain at all. Many of these companies are solidly profitable at $1500 Gold and we are at $1900 now.

#12     Jul 25, 2020
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I don't understand your post at all. The miners are a great trade I've been heavily in on since March. The fundamentals should be good through October and possibly for two years if things break certain ways.

If you need an angle, here's three. One, the miners were dirt cheap in March after being slammed for years. Two, the stocks are still lagging metal prices.Three, Gold may do well in an era where governments are heavily into stimulus and large federal debt.

#13     Jul 25, 2020
  4. themickey

themickey

....four, digging up gold is becoming more difficult due to scarcity of new greenfield prospects/projects.

#14     Jul 25, 2020
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Yes, that point came up the other day, as well as any shut downs due to Covid are reducing total output. So the miners like Yamana that exceeded production estimates in the second quarter despite Covid were being severely undervalued, and we are in the process of seeing these companies be revalued as their numbers come out.

#15     Jul 25, 2020
  6. themickey

themickey

index.png
    Surprisingly China is the largest global producer which I find difficult to comprehend.
    The Chinese have investments in mines is Australia and Africa, possibly elsewhere, not sure therefore if Chinese production figures come from other juristictions.
    Anyway, assuming China digs up gold in China, the heavy rain there currently may affect them.

#16     Jul 25, 2020
  7. volpri

volpri

Wash that gold away?

#17     Jul 25, 2020
  8. themickey

themickey

Mines flooded dumbo :) Hehe
    Can't dewater.
    Edit: one of the many reasons Aust is great for mining, good weather.

#18     Jul 25, 2020
  9. volpri

volpri

Just joking. Like can’t pan for gold very well in flooded rivers. In Honduras in my treks through the jungles I would see many holes gold panners dug and washed looking for gold.

#19     Jul 25, 2020
    Bugsy and themickey like this.
  10. Bugsy

Bugsy

Was there any reason for them to believe they might actually find gold in the holes or was it completely random?

#20     Jul 25, 2020