Milk is bad for humans

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by viruscore1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Relationship is striking and would be useful to do further research to see if there is causation. I personally don't think so since milk has been drunk by humans for thousands of years. But at this point it really is just spurious correlation.

#41     Jan 12, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

Actually, there is some research which indicate that freed (not bound)
    glutamine, casein and lactose is driving Parkinson type changes in the brain.
    Sure, it was drinked for millenia, but the issues are:

- how much? so much as today? i'd bet no
    - what type? goat, sheep, camel, cow milk?
    - in what form? cheese, kefir, butter, raw milk?
    - how were these animals rised? today they are fed hormones and all kinds of nasty stuff.
    - pasteurized or raw?
    - how much of todays dairy (yoghurt, ice cream) comes with added sweeteners, sugar, aspartame, etc?

As you can see, its very hard to do precise research in this field.
    Especially when Parkinson is much more common as age progresses - you have to wait lots of time to draw conclusions.

Such incredibly high correlation among many different populations gives very strong indication whats going on, in my opinion.

Also, dairy intake is linked to autism spectrum disorders among other factors like heavy metals toxicity. Its also a brain disorder.

Do you know that dairy is very high in dioxins? There were much less dioxins in the soil and animal flesh a hundred years ago.

#42     Jan 12, 2019
  3. I don't think adults get the majority of their dairy from drinking milk really, how many adults really drink milk. But the amount of yogurt and cheese digested by adults has to be way higher than it was 30 years ago. We just have so many types of yogurts/drinks/smoothies and cheese is in a lot of processed/fast food we eat now. I wonder if the issue is adults get more dairy than a few generations ago and the dairy is overly processed and in various other forms than straight milk.

#43     Jan 12, 2019
  4. Trader200K

Trader200K

We drove by a new, small, no hormone dairy recently and tried some of their 2%. I was shocked. I had not tasted milk so good since I was growing up in the 50's where a "milkman" delivered fresh, directly to the house.

Next time we drove by, the discussion revealed they used a 'batch pasteurization' process that runs longer at a lower temp than the high rate pasteurization of 'flashing' it for a short period of time as it flows through a heater. According to the fellow there, that "cooks" the milk and dramatically changes the taste. Processing speed is more important than quality for some management styles. We can't go back now. Seems crazy, but it's so good, sometimes we skip adult beverages in its favor.

It's kinda like the wheat farmers now spraying their crop with RoundUp just before harvest as a further dessicant so they don't have the risk of getting dinged at the elevator for having too high a moisture percentage.

It's interesting the tradeoffs made when the producer and his family are not eating it and after the product is in the bulk system ... it is untraceable.

I wonder just how many 'happy face' packages in the grocery stores contain something the producers themselves wouldn't put in front of their own kids.

#44     Jan 12, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. And 99% of people die in bed.

#45     Jan 14, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  6. They

They

#46     Jan 14, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Eons of evolution suggest that you're wrong. Not only do you acquire a robust immune system wrt the bad stuff, but you recharge the amazing flora you *should* carry, of the good stuff. We "sanitize" at our peril.

#47     Jan 14, 2019
  8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I only ran 15 miles/week, but on concrete, and at a 6:00-7:00 clip, compared to 10:00-15:00/mile in an ultra. (All of my exercise was 'quality' over 'quantity' oriented. I was a shitty athlete, training-wise.) I know most of the people around me at the time were piling up 40-50-60 miles per week -- I just don't know how they did it. Where did they get the time?

Right now, I'm barely moving. My biomechanics are sound, but I can't sprint more than 200 yards without completely falling apart, between by big toe and the back of my knee. (If you're into this sort of thing, that translates to speed: I have NONE -- or, I have none after 200 yards.) So, right now, rather than doing distance with a mix of 8:00-9:00 miles plus walking, I am trying to stack up 10:00-14:00 miles ("race speed")..... it's a hard route, I can tell you.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    #48     Jan 14, 2019
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I know it's early, but if not Best Post 2019, then certainly Best Post, January 2019. Cracks me up.

#49     Jan 14, 2019
    MeAgainstTheWorld likes this.
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

On Jan 27th I’m running the Miami marathon on 95% vegan diet. Did 22 miles 2 saturdays ago now tapering down. Did 10 Saturday 8 next Saturday then the race. I run only once or 2 times during week 4-5 miles. I’ve learned it’s better to undertrain than overtrain at my age. Trying to do sub 4 hours. Got close last year. I’ll post the medal once I ge5 it for the haters lol.

#50     Jan 14, 2019
    They and tommcginnis like this.