Milk is bad for humans

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by viruscore1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Visaria

Visaria

I drink 5% fat whole milk every day here in London. It's called gold top and comes from Jersey and Guernsey cows.

#11     Jan 10, 2019
  2. A friend grew up on a farm, had her ovaries removed due to an infection from drinking unpasteurized milk.

#12     Jan 10, 2019
  3. Milk leeches calcium from the body? Sorry, that's just Internet nonsense. Which renders some of the other claims as questionable.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    #13     Jan 11, 2019
    destriero and tommcginnis like this.
  4. Say what?!

Unless you're running from the law or after an ice cream truck, WHY? :D

Heck, even Kenneth Cooper, the "father of aerobics," said that people running more than 15 miles a week are doing it for reasons other than health.

https://www.cbass.com/toofit.html

#14     Jan 11, 2019
    VPhantom, Visaria, destriero and 2 others like this.
  5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

A non-smoking friend ran ultramarathons -- one of the best around and for many years -- but died from throat cancer.

Just read this from a 2016(??) Outside article on the iconic Noakes...
    'There was one question that always fascinated Noakes: Why wasn’t he faster?

Competition, he realized, had exposed something profound to him. This was why people ran in events they had no chance of winning. The mere act of pushing to the limits was a way of peeling back the layers and learning important truths.

“Even in the most crowded races,” he wrote in the intro to Lore, “the point is reached when fatigue drives us back into ourselves, into those secluded parts of our souls that we discover only under times of such duress and from which we emerge with a clearer perspective of the people we truly are.”
    '

#15     Jan 11, 2019
    VPhantom likes this.
  6. I can relate to that. It is almost a religious experience :D when I train to failure (and a bit beyond) during resistance training. People I know regularly tell me they could never get into resistance training because it's so boring. But when you're testing your very limits it is anything BUT boring.

Even so, are you sure that the kind of distance running you're talking about it good for you? How many miles do you average a week in the normal course?

#16     Jan 11, 2019
    tommcginnis and VPhantom like this.
  7. No need to be exposed to bacteria when it can be easily avoided
    https://www.fda.gov/food/resourcesforyou/consumers/ucm079516.htm

#17     Jan 11, 2019
  8. Been drinking raw milk for more than 10 years, great taste and no problems with it. Too much roman catholic fearmongering here. Germs are everywhere.

#18     Jan 11, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

Boiling milk doesn't change the taste but kills bacteria, easy solution.

#19     Jan 11, 2019
    viruscore1 likes this.
  10. destriero

destriero

#20     Jan 11, 2019
    birdman and VPhantom like this.