Military on high alert- N. Korea renounces truce with S. Korea

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Clubber Lang, May 28, 2009.

1. SEOUL, South Korea – The U.S. and South Korea put their military forces on high alert Thursday after North Korea renounced the truce keeping the peace between the two Koreas since 1953. The North also accused the U.S. of preparing to attack the isolated communist country in the wake of its second nuclear bomb test, and warned it would retaliate to any hostility with "merciless" and dangerous ferocity.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090528/ap_on_re_as/as_koreas_nuclear

Not the first time N. korea has renounced the truce, but this time it could get ugly.

2. pspr

pspr

3. Oh, herrro.

[​IMG]

4. Eight

Eight

Commie jerks in N. Korea are out of stuff, time to take stuff from S. Korea or get bought off by BO admin... I'd nuke that short little bastard leader into the next world if I couldn't get up close and personal with my big knife.

It's like some neighbor kid, the one that loves to kill dogs and cats, and he's standing there giving you a ration of shit and you know he's going to grow up and murder somebody, maybe many.. and nobody is going to do much to you if you cut him in half with a chain saw and feed him to the zoo... will you decide that the task has fallen to you to rid the earth of the little beast or will you shirk your duty.... the spotlight is on you Mr. BO.... I'll oil the chain if you like... to be continued...

5. bettles

bettles

North Korea is not going to do a thing. If they were going to attack, would they tell the whole world about it? Did Japan pre-announce Perl Harbor? Did the hijackers pre-announce 9/11? Of course not.

I once (a couple years ago I think) bet money (on Intrade) that N. Korea was not going to test one of their new long-range missiles by a certain date. When they did in fact test the missile, I thought I had lost. But it turns out that their missile was such a dud that it blew up before even leaving their territory. Thus technically they did not meet the conditions of a "launch" (missile had to leave their territory) and I did not lose. So it would be interesting to see them launch their nuclear weapon (if in fact they have something small enough to actually launch, which not a sure thing) with similar technology. They would end up blowing themselves up, not someone else.

That's not to say that there are not dangers from rogue nuclear powers. I would be a bit more concerned about Iran (at least in the long run). But as for North Korea, they are like a child threatening to hold their breath until they turn blue. I would tell them to go play in the street and leave the rest of the world alone.

Bettles

6. toc

toc

'Not the first time N. korea has renounced the truce, but this time it could get ugly.'

why? so suddenly NK has gone into a very hostile mode? just can't figure their mindset out. NK's military machine will be destroyed and people thrown into more suffering while the sick and evil regime manages to cling to power just like Saddam did.

Although commiee regimes fall so fast that one cannot even finish a cup of tea while it is all over............remember the USSR...........heheheheheehhe!