Military on ET, SOUND OFF

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Apr 17, 2008.

1. achilles28

achilles28

It works both ways, too.

If the military turns on the Constitution, the Country becomes a dictatorship.

Whether its run by the President or the Military, what difference does it make?

Our Rights are gone. And the electoral process is gone.

#41     Apr 20, 2008
  2. From the Halls of Montezuma
    To the shores of Tripoli

We fight our country's battles
    In the air on land and sea.

First to fight for right and freedom
    And to keep our honor clean;
    We are proud to bear the title
    Of United States Marines.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze
    From dawn to setting sun;
    We have fought in every clime and place
    Where we could take a gun.
    In the snow of far-off Northern lands
    And in sunny tropic scenes;
    You will find us always on the job --
    The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps
    Which we are proud to serve;
    In many a strife we've fought for life
    And never lost our nerve.
    If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
    They will find the streets are guarded
    By United States Marines.

#42     Apr 20, 2008
  3. US Army Special Forces
    5th Special Forces Group
    Republic of Vietnam
    1966-1969

OldTrader

#43     Apr 20, 2008
  4. Nice stuff .....you are Old...aren't you?

(wink..wink) :D

#44     Apr 20, 2008
  5. I think you ought to take a second and think about that statement. You might want to differentiate between the latest US military actions and the big ones, i.e. WWII.

The men and women who served in WWII gave their lives so that you can enjoy the life you're currently leading, smoking your hydro and 'preaching from your chair'.

No matter what you say about the decisions of the commanders and the pols who send these young men and women into harm's way (and yes, I agree, they are sometimes sent into unwinnable situations and die for nothing) you should take a moment and recognize the fact that the soldiers themselves are mostly volunteering and they are willing to protect your freedoms should the need arise. And as we have all seen, the need may well arise, even though we're living in the 21st century.

That is all.

#45     Apr 20, 2008
  6. Older than dirt. LOL. I'll be 63 in late June.

OldTrader

#46     Apr 20, 2008
  7. This kind of thinking is reason soldiers came home from Vietnam and were spat on and called baby killers.

The military DOES NOT LEGISLATE, if the democracy goes wrong YOU THE PEOPLE, whom we serve via the commander in chief WHOM YOU ELECTED are the reason. If the people lose their government, it is because the people were ASLEEP at the switch.

There is no military branch of the government.
    :mad:

#47     Apr 20, 2008
  8. Oh, a moonbat.

I might as well be talking to someone with dementia.

Oh wait, I am...well, I was.

#48     Apr 20, 2008
  9. achilles28

achilles28

The US Military swears their allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America - above all else.

If we go under martial law, it means those serving perjured their oath to defend the Constitution in favor of supporting what would then be a Presidential Dictator.

That goes against everything in the Constitution and what our Republic stands for.

Im very surprised to hear you take this side of Presidential fealty above all else.

Heres the Oath, in case you're interested:

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God.)

#49     Apr 20, 2008

10. More like a spring chicken in my view.

William Rennick:cool: USN Ret.

#50     Apr 20, 2008