Military on ET, SOUND OFF

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oddiduro, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Cute remark.

By did anything, you mean go overseas and kill innocent civilians for geopolitical purposes of the elite?

As a note, I would NEVER join the US military. A) US military actions are far from moral and B) They do not take care of those who serve for them, contrary to the lies they preach.

#21     Apr 19, 2008
  2. Hydro,

If were not for the US armed forces you would not be enjoying the life you live, no matter where you live. The US, for better or for worse is the current major deterent for anarchy. Imagine a world without a clear leader. Power abhors a vacuum. So, feel free to be an armchair quarterback, and talk about should have happened.

Until you face some decisions, you will never know.

#22     Apr 19, 2008
  3. I am a relatively loyal citizen, but I don't consider military personnel as any higher, any more loyal or any important to the country than the rest of the citizens.

Your attitude is poor, so I dismiss your entire service. "Amount of deeds?" Most military personnel never saw combat.

Are they more important than the police, fire or emergency workers? Or the politicians? Or those who have opened businesses and employed others? Those who have exported goods/services or opened markets? Performed a heroic act? Paid their taxes? Those who work in charity? Perform volunteer work?

The good citizens are those who perform their jobs, exercise our rights, look out for others, and observe the laws of the land.

#23     Apr 19, 2008
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

troop 541....boooouya..

#24     Apr 19, 2008
  5. In 1969, I sat in an Economics Class. I had to work 30 hours a week to go to a State school and had a bit different perspective than some others. And it was a tough, tough time. If you don't remember, look it up.

The prof, it was 120 students in a lecture hall, pointed out to the students that the we, the priveliged ones, had a very disporportionate share of the pie. And the rest of the world would continue to come after it, until we divied it up. So, he concluded, if you think you deserve that sports car while you go to college, have at it, but somebody has to pay that bill.

To make statements about killing civilians for the elite is absolutely an abomination.

Last Wednesday, the Senate met to discuss the inevitabllilty of a nuclear attack on DC. I wondered for the better part of an hour what the downside of that could be. It finally came to me. Congress could be in recess. That being said, when something happens, you'll be the first to call for a 91 Charlie to save your sorry ass.

Now, nobody can stop you from being an ignorant fuck. But how 'bout some respect? And if you don't mind, let those of us that served bitch about it. It comes with the oath.

And yes, most Military personnel don't serve in combat. But I suggest you visit a VA hospital some time, and pay homage to those that did. The ones that don't, btw, make sacrifices as well in a different way.

US Army 3 years. But it was so goddamn long ago, I forgot my MOS. Something with some numbers and letters. I do remember a lot of green. It was everywhere.

#25     Apr 19, 2008
  6. Turok

Turok

NICE!!

JB

#26     Apr 19, 2008
  7. bronks

bronks

USMC
    03bulletstopper
    Hollywood marine

#27     Apr 19, 2008
  8. bronks

bronks

What the fuck is your malfunction??

#28     Apr 19, 2008
  9. But see, here's the thing.....THEY WERE WILLING. They VOLUTEERED(most of them) TO PUT THEMSELVES IN HARMS WAY.

If America had not had the WILLING men and women to fight for her during the Revolution, Civil war, War of 1812, Spanish American War, WWI and WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Gulf I and II, where would we be today?

When things get really serious, they don't call Metro, they call the National Guard.

When serious shit goes down away from here, the USMC is sure to bring it under control, and US Army is sure to keep it that way if they are left alone and allowed to do their jobs.

I am proud to have served. I am proud of the silent service. I am proud that the B2 stealth bomber brings fear to the hearts of our potential and actual enemies.

WE, the men and women in uniform always sacrifice the most, and come away with the least.

All that, so YOU, can say whatever you want to say because WE gaurantee that right against ALL enemies foreign and domestic.

In a way, I feel for you.

I joined the Army because I didn't have the stones to be a Marine. The irony is that I was sent to Benning. Those who served will get that irony. I myself didn't get it until later in my life.

The military is a surreal place, it has some definite down sides, but it has some up sides that are difficult to explain.

That said, I hope that the next time you talk about the military being regular people as you sip your morning coffee and read your newspaper, think about the Navy Seals who took out some terrorists for you. Think about the USS Dallas sitting quietly somewhere, and your enemies worried about it. Think about the USS Ronald Reagan waiting to strike your enemies from wherever they may be hiding. Think about the Spirit of Hawaii waiting to drop bombs on your enemies.

Just think about it..........

Then get up, and go to work.

#29     Apr 20, 2008
  10. achilles28

achilles28

I've got a lot of respect for the military.

But it seems the vast majority serve under a false pretense.

What happens when the NWO sets off a nuke or releases small pox and we go under martial law?

Will the military fall in line and go house-to-house to collect guns, run checkpoints, and arrest citizens critical of the Government?

At some point, the military will be tapped as the New Stazi. Time will tell if they submit or defend.

#30     Apr 20, 2008