Military coup could oust Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by glennmm, Oct 9, 2009.

1. As much as it pains me, as I feel very strongly that Mr. Obama's intended policy objectives equate to big trouble for the nation, the idea of a military coup is assinine, and I agree with your statement.

#41     Oct 10, 2009
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Not sure why this thread is still growing. The assertion is obviously true. So could an asteroid strike oust Obama. *shrug*

#42     Oct 10, 2009

3. Agreed.
    Our military has become a social engineering testing ground.
    80% of the Officer corp is nothing more than ladder climbers and desk jockeys.

#43     Oct 10, 2009
  4. Hah !! It would be Code Pink vs. the Charlton Heston brigade.

The rebellion would be over in time for a pleasant lunch.

#44     Oct 10, 2009
  5. are you still hanging around with your stupid racist commentary?

#45     Oct 10, 2009
  6. A military coup because of president Obama...ha!!! What an utter joke!!!

First he is blamed for not doing anything, then he is accused of trampling all over the constitution and creating a marxist state??

One day the crazed rightwing is saying how Obama is an empty suit and will have a one term presidency and dems will lose control of congress in 2010 and 2012 and the very next day they are advocating and praying for a military coup? Since he is not doing anything and will soon be voted out of office why wouldn't any coup plotters just wait until the next election cycle and problem solved?

I hate to break it to the crazed hate Obama crowd, but possibly increasing taxes and possibly passing some watered down version of healthcare reform is not nearly enough to persuade military officers to forsake their oath, the chain of command, face the death penalty and try to forcibly rule a country with 300 million firearms. Afghanistan and Iraq would be like a picnic compared to the USA under those conditions.

The US Military is full of 20 somethings and lots of minorities, Obama's strongest supporters. What would happen when there was a counter coup and the officers who led the coup were arrested?

Lots of these idiots seem to forget that Obama was elected by a majority of Americans.

People dream up these crazy scenarios when their anger and hatred has overridden all common sense. Reality may not be as pleasant as your daydream fantasy world, but you need to live in it.

Some of you are so filled with racial hatred (throwing around that "porch monkey" phrase) that you cannot even think straight anymore. Ask yourself...where has all that racial hatred gotten you? I am sure that you were raised to think like that and so it is almost impossible for you to break away from that kind of thinking, but your going to end up just making yourself more enraged and more miserable.

#46     Oct 10, 2009
  7. I believe the proper statement would be "...a majority of voters..."

#47     Oct 10, 2009
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Of course. Since the conclusion, "Obama won the presidency" is wrong (morally), then one of the premises must be false, is that what you're getting at?

#48     Oct 10, 2009
  9. No, not really..........I am just making the point that it would be inaccurate to equate a majority of "voters" with a majority of the "people", whether the object is a presumed political opinion or just plain and simple demographics.

#49     Oct 10, 2009
  10. How about you simply turn your brain on. Geez dude. Not everything is a damn conspiracy.

Lots of these idiots seem to forget that Obama was elected by a majority of Americans. <----incorrect.

Lots of these idiots seem to forget that Obama was elected by a majority of American voters. <----correct.

Hence the previous post.

- Spydertrader

#50     Oct 10, 2009