Military Coup Could Oust Obama. Former White House Speechwriter Suggests

Discussion in 'Politics' started by glenn-siber, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Yes, and the establishment "feeds and houses" every military/civilian police organization, by definition. By your logic no military coup could ever occur anywhere whatsoever. Hmm I guess that settles that. That's funny I think I can remember reading about some of those happening before... Oh well, as we've just settled, those are impossible and can't happen, so it must have been fiction...

#11     Jun 15, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Same goes for the welfare recipients, most of which vote democrat.

#12     Jun 15, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Its Bearice, look at his posts, the mods tried to stop him from littering the economics section with this garbage so he created a new handle.

#13     Jun 15, 2011
  4. My cousin was an MP with no college education.After leaving the army he joined the immigration service and now makes 90,000 a year

Federal and local law enforcement in this country are paid very well with great health benefits and pensions.Those currently in the military know they can look forward to good jobs when they get out

Present some cases where the military and civilian police had the benefits that our military and civilian police has and overthrew the government

#14     Jun 15, 2011
  5. A military coup is legally possible because you have the same oaths for soldiers that banana republics use.

Notice the oaths of enlistment for soldiers and officers are different. The officers have no responsibility to obey the President, just the responsibility to protect and defend the Constitution. That leaves open the door to disobeying the President.

Officers:

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

Enlisted men:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

#15     Jun 15, 2011
  6. Larson

Larson Guest

This sounds like Rome as it was decaying. Paying the military more and more so the corrupt Roman Senate and emperor could maintain power. World history is not kind to countries that overspend and let their economies wilt, like the US is in the process of doing. Eventually, those high-paying military jobs will bite the dust too. I don't blame a young man for signing up though, as his options in the US economy today are getting smaller by the year.

#16     Jun 15, 2011
  7. "Perry warns that America could be unrecognizable by 2012, prompting a coup to “restore and defend the Constitution,"

Can you count and/or read?

#17     Jun 15, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

AK can count his welfare checks and almost certainly reads the back of cereal boxes.

:)

#18     Jun 15, 2011
  9. Since the coup would take place to prevent America being unrecognizable by 2012 the coup should have started or be about to start by now right smart guy ?

#19     Jun 15, 2011
  10. Are your parents siblings?

#20     Jun 15, 2011