Mike Vick Reinstated--Where Does He End Up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Agree that Ronnie is a beast and the wildcat is perfect for Vick.

Couple of things-

1) The wildcat won't be sneaking up on anyone this year. Defensive coordinators had the entire offseason to plan for it.

2) Vick was a bad QB to begin with. Add two years out of the game and it can only get worse. Vick is good for 10-12 snaps a game at QB. Maybe 8 wildcat formations, and a couple of 3rd or 4th and shorts and that it.

P.S.- For the guys who thought the Vikes were a super bowl contender with Favre, I just have one thing to ask-

Did you guys watch any Jets games last year? He was awful. I have season tickets to that ridiculously bad team and I had to sit through his "heave it and hope" bullshit. He was terrible, and his arm is shot.

#41     Jul 28, 2009
  2. Totally agree.

unfortunately (for me), I have season tickets to the cursed as well. Incredible how the long suffering jets fans now have to put up with this ridiculous psl bs, as if the shitty product year after year isn't bad enough.

But, i have already circled the 11/1 Miami game because I want to see Vick run wild.

#42     Jul 28, 2009
  3. I liked him when he was with Green Bay ... and obviously so did a few others. :)
    Bio

Green Bay Packers (1992–2007)
    Brett Favre played 16 seasons in Green Bay. During his time in Green Bay, Favre won three consecutive AP MVP awards, one of only two players in NFL history to do so.[16] He helped the Packers appear in two Super Bowls, winning Super Bowl XXXI. Favre also started every Green Bay Packers game from September 20, 1992, to January 20, 2008.[17]

LOFL! :D :D :D

Link

#43     Jul 29, 2009

4. Well yea, how can you not like Favre. One of the toughest, most convivial and creative players to have ever donned a set of pads, but badass is something else.

No doubt when its assured he's decided to hang em up the inevitable questions on ESPN will arise about, Who was the greatest qb ever? His name you may not agree is at the top of the list but for my money he's easily in the top five. The game was made better by his contribution by alot.

#44     Jul 29, 2009
  5. So anywho, it seems that no one is too interested in Michael Vick.

Link

I think the public outcry and backlash from "entrepreneurial activities" is seen in a much worse light than what people here may believe ... it seems that no one is really going to take a chance on him right now.

#45     Jul 29, 2009
  6. I think he'd have a great career on Pay Per View, thrown into a cage with say 50 hungry Pit Bulls.

I might even pay to see that myself.

Or if some team is dumb enough to hire this vermin, we could watch the game hoping his neck was broken in a play.

Lots of possibilities for this guy.

#46     Jul 30, 2009
  7. I think he is going to Baltimore.

#47     Jul 30, 2009

8. If he does, you can see Ray Lewis' fingerprints all over that.
    (...as he manuevers the delicate balance between stereotyping bigotry and calling them as he sees them!):D :D :confused:

#48     Jul 30, 2009

9. Ok if you compare his 52% completion percentage to Peyton Mannings 62% completion percentage, and you say on average there is 30 attempts per game that means he completes 3 less passes per game, at an average of 10 yards a pass (which is generous as a good average is 7 per pass), that equals 30 less yards passing, but he also adds 60 yards a game rushing and a totally new dynamic for the defense to defend. Judging him based on his completion percentage does not even make sense.

#49     Jul 30, 2009
  10. #50     Jul 30, 2009