Mike Vick Reinstated--Where Does He End Up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 27, 2009.

1. The league is full of violent criminals, many of whom did things worse than Vick. I don't condone what Vick did or his whole gansta image, but he served two years in prison, is bankrupt and despised by a good percentage of the country.

What worries me more than any possible mixed message sent by Vick's reinstatement is the concept that the Commissioner can ban players for any reason whatsoever if he feels they reflect badly on the league. I see a lot of potential for the typical PC speech and thought control to seep into this. What if a player denounces Obama? What if a player does so in a racially insensitive manner? We've already had players called on the carpet for comments about homosexuality. What's next? Does a player risk his job if he says he's against homo marriage? No one ever dreamed that a beauty contest winner would lose her crown for saying that, but it happened.

#31     Jul 28, 2009
  2. Hey guys,

Favre used be a bad ass ... but now he's just (another) aging athelete holding on to the glory days instead of just quitting in his prime.

He's more likely to tear his achilles than he is the NFL a new one". :p
    I agree 100%.

The League is (the Monster) that its fan base has created ... you aren't going to get too many socially well adjusted individuals who are willing to engage in the bloodsport . You will get a small percentage, but there is a far greater likelihood that they will have personal qualities, beliefs, or habits that offend someone, hell, if not everyone!

Yep, the age of the "PC Football Player" who'll crush a man in an instant but is afraid to speak his mind or do what he wants to do ...

... speaking of which, how many of you guys believe this one?#!!! BEN ROETHLISBERGER CALLS RAPE CHARGE 'FALSE AND VICIOUS :eek: :confused:

#32     Jul 28, 2009
  3. Minneapolis newspaper is reporting that coach Brad Childress said Favre told him he was staying retired. This could be true, a negotiating ploy, evidence that a better offer has surfaced or a ploy to get out of training camp.

I would say this puts the Vikes at the top of the Vick list though.

#33     Jul 28, 2009
  4. Sounds legit. This certainly changes things.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gl3rMTzOOByD5HAsnYUHaEdy1NdQD99NNOF00

#34     Jul 28, 2009
  5. Favre was a badass? Really? What did he do, tip cows? The only firearms I can picture Favre with are the rifles and shotguns in his pickup trucks back window. Did he holdup a SkateLand?

#35     Jul 28, 2009
  6. Just shows what enough lobbying can get you. Take the franchise player tag, a nice little privilege for an owner but what happened to any rights the player had towards avoiding indentured servitude? That they're rich and pampered playing a game ought not be enough argument. That whole road has more branchings than a thousand year old banyan tree.

#36     Jul 28, 2009
  7. I cannot believe that no one here has a clue as to what comes next with Michael Vick.

To me, it's so obvious..

Michael Vick goes to Miami. And incredibly, Miami becomes instant legit contenders.

To those who think teams "don't want" Vick, get a clue! To those who think Vick won't be a superstar upon return, get a clue! To those who think Vick won't show MVP form and get a huge payday down the line, get a friggin clue!

Tuna has done wonders working with much less talented quarterbacks. Just watch what he gets out of Michael Vick.

#37     Jul 28, 2009
  8. A 52% completion percentage and a 75 passer rating?

:)

#38     Jul 28, 2009
  9. Don't be naive, amigo.

Ray Lucas was a pure gadget player before Tuna turned him into a decent QB.

What were Ronnie Brown's completion % and passer rating? Ronnie's a great player and legit mvp candidate on the dolphins, but he's not a qb and he still helped make maimi's wildcat formation lethal.

Tuna is salivating thinking of Vick in the wildcat.

#39     Jul 28, 2009
  10. Actually somebody already mentioned the Dolphins. We'll see how it all plays out. I imagine all Vick cares about right now is the $$ (not that I blame him), so the team with the deepest pockets will have him signed in a few weeks. Unless of course NE pulls one of their magic tricks and signs him on the cheap like they did Moss. Belichick might want to run his own version of the Wildcat with Vick lining up as a receiver/RB/QB, depending on the defensive formation, and he might be able to talk Vick into taking less money for a less stressful role on a winning team.

#40     Jul 28, 2009