Mike Vick Reinstated--Where Does He End Up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Add a power runner (Mendenhall) back in to the mix and if vick was good they would be unstoppable. Last year their biggest problem was trying to gain 1 yard on third or fourth and inches. Mendenhall was definately missed, "fast willie parker" is somewhat useless when the O-Line cant provide a block.

#21     Jul 28, 2009
  2. I remember watching them last year and the word "unstoppable" was what I thought. I don't like them for their attitude but have to hand it to their ability to play football. Forgot their tight ends name but had him on my fantasy team a couple years back. Another ingredient towards your description of what they could be w/Vick added ...versatile.

#22     Jul 28, 2009
  3. I quick search shows a dozen or so teams should take him, or at least that's what the local media has to say. I think it would be easier to list the teams NOT interested in Vick.

As soon as hell freezes over category:

Seattle :D
    Falcons :D
    Cardinals
    Titans
    Colts
    Giants

Unlikely:

Minnesota
    Cleveland
    Bengals
    Jets
    Raiders

The remaining teams would probably take Vick as a backup for the right price, but I think he'll get bid up and price out teams who don't need to overpay for a backup like New England, San Diego and Pittsburgh, not to mention teams that already have 5 or 6 average QBs on their roster.

#23     Jul 28, 2009
  4. There is no doubt when they play defense they are definately unstoppable, that TD run back by Harrison will go down as one of the best plays in history, that completely changed the game, i was appalled when he didnt get superbowl MVP, yeah Santonio Holmes caught the pass and kept his feet in bounds, but regardless they would have tied it, with a field goal, the cards NOT scoring 7 as opposed to the steelers scorIng 7 right before half was the game changer.

The steeler defense led by Dick Lebeau, was and is the greatest defense ever to play. Big ben ended up doing whatever he had to, on offense but the bottom line is ti was the defense that won all those games, as it always is, Polamolu sealed the deal for the ravens the week before and he did it in the steelers 06 run against the Seahawks, he is probably the biggest pimp in football.

I hope that Larry Fitzgerald gets a superbowl, he deserved it, especially when he busted the gut near the end of the game for a TD, you could see by the look in his eyes when they showed him that all he gave a shit about was winning, i like guys like that.

Dammit i need football..... do you think if i run into oncoming traffic and try to pass block a ford F-150, it will give me the necessary adrenaline rush???:D

#24     Jul 28, 2009
  5. That's why I put Browns in maybe category, but he's probably better than either of them.

A number of teams have said "not interested", including the Redskins. Of course, last year they said they weren't interested in Jason Taylor the day before they made the disastrous trade for him.

#25     Jul 28, 2009
  6. Why would you put Minnesota in the unlikely category? Favre is not even signed. You could make an argument that Vick is a better long term solution for the Vikes than Favre, who is probably one and done.

I thought you were right about teams bidding him up to too expensive for backup duty, but now I am having second thoughts, considering how many have said they aren't interested. Of course, they could be bluffing.

I think agents generally don't earn their money. A draft pick is going to be slotted, a FA has other deals to go by, etc. In this instance however, I think having the right agent could be crucial for Vick. A good agent could convince teams they are getting a big bargain with Vick, and also steer him away from hopeless situations.

#26     Jul 28, 2009
  7. I think Minnesota is to much of a tight knit community, i cant see Vick playing there, you can say the same about Denver except Denver is totally desperate.

#27     Jul 28, 2009
  8. I think Favre is dying to go out like Elway and will keep playing until he's sidelined with an injury that gives him a permanent limp, he wins another SB or no one will sign him as a starter. I'm not saying I agree with it, just he's obviously serious about playing if that bicep has fully recovered and has probably already made his decision (he's going to play)...so I think the Vikings are unlikely.

#28     Jul 28, 2009
  9. An interesting question to mull is the social statement giving Vick another chance will cast into the public opinion. Owners wrestling with adding Vick to their roster must be considering how it will reflect on public percepion of their values and team image. By adopting Vick are they demonstrating how low they'll stoop to win? Of course they will have the obvious rationalizations of their actions, saying it was all business and helping the team is the only motivation to add him. Maybe Al Davis will confirm his contribution to the history of sports quotes.
    Is bringing Vick aboard a statement that offhandedly condones his
    unacceptable habits and company? The public forgets quickly, if he wins they won't care how many dogs died for his amusement or how that behavior imprinted on kids.

#29     Jul 28, 2009
  10. I agree if Favre comes back healthy the vikings are a "premaket" lock, the only thing holding them back would be the arbitration on the williams brothers. Favre healthy inside will be unreal, a tribute to the hay days, you could tell the last coulpe years he flat out hates playing in the cold, and i dont blame him, the vikings have all the tools with a healthy favre, the run game kicks asss with chester taylor and Adrian peterson, the deep receiever threat is there with bernard berrian, and tthat draft pick(forget his name), Arguably the best D-Line in football, I will love
    watching their games if favre comes back healthy.

My call for the superbowl is Steelers, Vikings, Vikings get the win.(based on some huge assumptions)

#30     Jul 28, 2009