Mike Vick Reinstated--Where Does He End Up?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jul 27, 2009.

1. i'm always amazed at how envious some people can be. he'll make hundreds of thousands of dollars, and you won't.

if he were a former plumber who went to prison for dog fighting, he'd probably work as a plumber again once he was released and you wouldn't give a shit. so how is this different? is your obvious jealousy clouding your thinking?

#11     Jul 28, 2009
  2. Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed doing the commentary last year but it was a bit time-consuming. Not sure if I'll be able to do it this time around.

I wonder about Denver. I agree with everything you wrote, but Vick is about as far from Tom Brady as you can get, so I wonder if McDaniels would want to go in his direction.

Washington has cap issues, but I think they could easily free up enough space for Vick. It's not like he'll be getting a Haynsworth sized deal. A bigger issue might involve the fact that both Vick and incumbent Redskins QB Jason Campbell share the same agent, Joel Segal.

#12     Jul 28, 2009
  3. Good points. I don't condone what he did, but he served two years hard time, which seems pretty harsh.

I am curious about speculation over possible fan or sponsor reaction. I think it will be minor, at least in most NFL cities.

#13     Jul 28, 2009
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now that you mention it I have always had a secret admiration for animal abusers and convicted felons.
    You're probably right. Most die hard sports fans just want to watch their favorite athlete play their favorite game, they care about little else.

#14     Jul 28, 2009
  5. Never knew they had the same agent, that solidifies no Washington in my eyes, I really think that as a young coach McDaniels is feeling the pressure, while he would like to run a Strict Bellicheck type system, he doesnt have a chance. He knows if he loses marshall as well he is toast when Denver has a couple losing seasons which is inevitable if that plug Orton gets to play. Look at Ortons numbers with a VERY well balanced chicago team, Denver will be a joke if they lose Marshall and start Orton, atleast if they pick up Vick it will keep the defense somewhat honest instead of flat out pass protection, Picture Orton When teams are able to stack against the pass, as denver has no run game.... he is screwed.

I think Marshall ends up in Baltimore for a bunch of draft picks..... To replace Derek Mason......Baltimore is 1-2 key players off of a super bowl in my opinion, they look eerily similar to the '06 steelers when Roethlesberger was going into his second year. Flacco can complete all the passes, and will only get better this year.

#15     Jul 28, 2009
  6. AAA - no way I see him here. We already have a controversy with 2 QB's, can't see a 3rd being added to the mix (at least for now).

#16     Jul 28, 2009
  7. Just read on Bloomberg that Vick is favored by Odds what or whoever that is to go to either Pitt. or NE. Sheez, talk about moving to the front of the line.

#17     Jul 28, 2009
  8. Quinn will start this season for the browns and be mediocre, as any first year started normally is...

I feel sorry for you Browns Fan, the Browns and Bengals are 100% guaranteed to not win that division before the season even starts.

You think Stallworth will be allowed to play??

#18     Jul 28, 2009
  9. Can you provide a Link?? Although Worthlesberger is clutch in the home stretch i would love to see him out for a season and Vick taking the helm in Steel town, it would add a totally new dynamic to their offense, and their piss poor offensive line....

#19     Jul 28, 2009
  10. It was from television. That would be interesting in spite of my personal opinions of Vick to see his much ballyhooed potential
    realized there. With Ward and Holmes to throw to and his threat with scrambling ...yeah entertaining. Why I watch.

#20     Jul 28, 2009