mike siegel, worlds perfect business, trading on the edge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by raytt, Apr 3, 2008.

1. I was considering this course--glad I read your post.

#11     Apr 18, 2008
  2. darwin818

darwin818

As of jan 2014, Siegel is now offering a limited "secret" butterfly/dragonfly spread "day trading the indexes method" he claims is nearly always profitable month to month, yielding approx 100%+ per year returns for the last 40+ years. The backstory is he learned the approach from a trader on the trading floor when he was first starting out those, "oh so many years ago... sigh". Now that he is retiring, he will only take $150,000 payable in installments with a $25,000 cash down payment plus 50% of your future profits for only 5 years. Thereafter he takes only 50% of your clients profits. Fortunately, he claims he will refund your money if it does not work for you ;-) He provides a 2 page spread sheet with several columns of total numbers claiming it represents 5 years of monthly results day trading from open-to-open approach, yes its overnight holding. The system requires minimum of $25,000 for spread margins for 1 spread. My question is, "who in their right mind would take any of this seriously? Especially the money-back guarantee part? I suspect what he is really after is the $25,000 cash deposit with the rest being pure eyewash. His pathitic spread sheet shows no max daily draw down since all are monthly totals. If this system's performance is bonifide then why would he need your measly $150,000?

#12     Jan 25, 2014
  3. Ash1972

Ash1972

World's perfect business? The best business in the world is, and always has been, finding the world's biggest suckers.

#13     Jan 25, 2014