Mike Kestler's Course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by tito, Mar 1, 2006.

1. tito

tito

I was wondering if anyone on ET had taken Mike Kestler's course or trained under him. Was his course/training helpful? Is he the real deal - meaning a consistently profitable trader making insane amount of money trading?
    Any feedback is appreciated.

2. zCon

zCon

I have also heard of Mike Kestler. I haven't taken a look at his course yet, is it an online course? Do you have a link? I'd really like to know if he's the real deal too, and if his course is worth taking. I've been looking to further my education but I don't know where I should look.

3. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

I sat next to Mike on the Assent desk in San Diego and from what I saw he is the real deal. He didn't know me from Adam as a new person in their office, but he took a lot of time to help me. He was always swinging a big stick and making it look easy. I know from talking with him that he has experience as a market maker and has also been successful off the floor. He and Jonathan ran a great office and I enjoyed my time there. He is a big CU fan, but I didn't hold that against him. :)

Personally that style of trading was not for me, because it required constant attention to every changing tick. I wish it would have been because I enjoyed being around those guys, but one thing that is important to stay in this buisness is to know your own limitations and accept them. In my opinion, only a select few will ever truely succeed at that game due to the never ending intensity. So whether or not it will help you is decided by how well your personality meshes with the methods. But as to the character of Mike Kestler, I have nothing but good things to say about him. I wish him all the best. I don't mean to speak for them, but I think well respected guys around here like Dustin and lescor would agree with me there.

4. lescor

lescor

Agree 100%. Mike is the real deal and probably the best, most natural trader I've met.

5. you want to pay a guy 5k to learn to trade?i truely don't think anyone can "teach" someone to trade. kestler's game is giving his course and recruiting guys. he's using the course to recruit. if he's such a great trader why would he waste his time teaching people unless he could make more money giving the course and recruiting?

6. For starters, you can only trade for 6 or 8 hours a day, so recruiting and training traders is a way to increase your income during non trading time. Second, who wouldn't want another income source(I don't think there is anything wrong with it either!)? Finally, while I agree that trading is not for everyone, getting some quality education is a good investment. One needs to learn strategy, software, mechanics of execution, how to handle news, RS, what moves stocks, sectors, etc. Most of that information is not available in books out there.

As for Mike Kestler, he is a good guy, and from what I've heard, a good trader....trading is a small community and word get's around.

7. tito

tito

He conducted a 4-day online course last December, and I am trying to find out more about him to see if it's signing up in case he decides to offer the course again.
    Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/tmu/trading/kestler_day_trading.cfm?src=kesdec

Thanks WarEagle, lescor, and mschey for your feedback.
    Greatly appreciated.

8. 777

Mike is a great trader and a fabulous teacher.