Mike - Claire Thread

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Seanote, May 7, 2002.

1. okay, i think we have both made clear points here and are both happy w/ our respective countries.

best wishes and auf wiedersehn (sp?) whatever that means

:D

#111     May 8, 2002
  2. NickLeeson

NickLeeson Guest

Hehe, agreed, good luck and better trading to you, too.

(Auf Wiedersehen means bye-bye but in the sense of au revoir, see you again):D :D :D :D :D

#112     May 8, 2002
  3. Has anyone noticed a great surge in folks clamoring to leave the US and migrate to Germany?

Or anywhere else in Europe for that matter?

If not, is it just because we are ignorant of the vast opportunity that await folks there?

#113     May 8, 2002
  4. At the very least the trading hours are more accomodating for all world markets...US markets trade early afternoon to night, Euro markets in the morning to early afternoon...

#114     May 8, 2002
  5. What? This thread is over? Now I'm lonely and have no purpose in life. :confused:

#115     May 9, 2002
  6. Neil

Neil

Well now.. no-one in their right mind would clamour to migrate to germany! But there are one or two americans who have made it to monaco.. perfect weather, zero taxation for traders, virtually zero crime.. criticise that!

And stuck here on the lovely but damp west coast of ireland I have to admit monaco is appealing to us too .. if not there then anywhere in the south of france will do nicely. You may have noticed me ribbing the french but on the other hand.. its great over there. If you have not been.. try it for a trip. Beautiful country, perfect weather, low crime outside the cities anyway, decent food (avoid horse and other dubious crap!) cheap hotels and houses, great wine at ridiculous prices.. just have to ignore the people!

Neil

#116     May 9, 2002
  7. wild

wild

Neil,

you´d probably be surprised to learn how many Americans "in their right mind" have stayed in germany after their service in the US armed forces ... and even "migrated" there like W. Michael Blumenthal, whose signature you´ll find on millions of $-notes ... only to name one of the more prominent immigrants.

www.dawnscurrency.com/sigs/W.+Michael+Blumenthal.html

www.juedisches-berlin.de/Aktuelles/ich_bleibe.htm

besides:

Eire and the Irish are exceedingly popular in Germany ... and vice versa - as crowds of good-humoured islanders in my immediate neighbourhood prove. just imagine all those millions of visitors to your wonderful green island would follow your advice and "ignore the people".

regards

wild

#117     May 9, 2002
  8. Neil

Neil

Oh I know that really wild.. :) only jesting, I like germany too and we are happy to see them here too. Just trying to keep the tone light really.. there has been so much pretty tough stuff around lately.. you ever watch fox tv? Jeez, you would think europe was the enemy to hear some people on that mad channel!

I think it is important that we all know who are friends.. and also our enemies truly are. I enjoy taking the piss out of the french.. but I really quite like the place.. I speak the lingo a bit and love the literature.. but that is the nature of friendly rivalry, as I see it anyway.. you ever been in a room full of drunken kiwis and aussies? Its hilarious and abusive and you can tell they really love each other! lol

As for the yanks... now they REALLY need taking down a peg or two! Altogether too full of themselves! But it is a young country, they have not properly grown up yet so one must be gentle with them and not upset em too much.. :)

Neil

#118     May 9, 2002
  9. wild

wild

Neil,

FOX (fair & balanced) appears to be the major source of "information" for a lot of people over there ... a sometimes very entertaining & frightening (and indeed dangerous) caricature of "free speech" ... imho.

as to France & the French:

the Germans are (perhaps understandibly) not the most beloved neighbours, particularly among the war generation. but yet ... we´ve learned to get along with eachother quite nicely & peacefully over the past five decades. i personally have spent four of the happiest years of my life in that unique "continent", working for the late D. K. Ludwig, allegedly the wealthiest American then ... in the ´70s of the past century.

so, from Metz to Biarritz, from Dunkerque to Nice, from La Rochelle to Strasbourg, i simply love "la France profonde" ... including "the people".

www.franceguide.com/gb/regions/index.cfm

regards

wild

p. s.

if we ever change the topic, i can tell you about my (almost) equally good time in the UK ...

#119     May 9, 2002
  10. NickLeeson

NickLeeson Guest

Hehe, I've had some really great times in the US, in Ireland, (also the UK, although I probably shouldn't say that to an Irish;))France, couple of other places, nothing like travelling, one of the best things one can do, in my opinion, travelling to other countries and getting to know the people:D

#120     May 9, 2002