Migrating from CQG -> Rithmic, anything to consider?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by heispark, Sep 24, 2019.

1. heispark

heispark

I am currently using MotiveWave with CQG feed (through AMP Futures). I trade /ES only. I also use Journalytix (a journal software from Jigsaw) and plan to use Bookmap. I know Rithmic is supported by all my softwares and broker mentioned above. Is there anything I need to consider before I make this migration? Is there any other disadvantages except cost? Specifically, will server side OCO be supported in MotiveWave and other 3d party platforms other than Rithmic's own platforms?

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

If Motivewave has adopted RIthmic's new API, then it should support it, so I would suggest asking them directly. @MotiveWave would be best to comment

You will enjoy the reporting of execution on R Trader. It gives you in full details all your execution, rejections, and all pending orders just in are not sure. I like R Trader very much as support for all platforms that take their APIs.

heispark likes this.
  3. heispark

heispark

Thank you always for details Matt. :thumbsup:
    By the way, is there any free iPhone app to connect Rithmic account? (such as CQG M). I cannot find any in Rithmic's website. All I need is just monitoring and closing my open positions using the mobile app.

MattZ likes this.
  4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Not aware of a free app. QST has an app that uses Rithmic data.

heispark likes this.
  5. heispark

heispark

Just confirmed by my broker AMP. They don't have any mobile app (free or non-free) to connect Rithmic. Unbelievable.......... o_O
    Canceled my migration plan.

6. ...you shouldnt be surprised as data providers are not confident about sending market data(especially tick data) thru 4g technology. So I dont see any apps being available for smartphones any time soon. Tablets may get them in the future as the new 5G internet technology takes hold, but it will be at least 2-4 yrs before thats even considered by the market data providers. I was told this by a rep for CQG a few months ago..

heispark likes this.
  7. heispark

heispark

Let me simplify it. CQG and TOS provide free mobile app so that let me monitor and close (if necessary) my open/pending positions while Rithmic doesn't. I don't want/need to know other excuses. Period.

8. DevBru

DevBru

I use Chrome remote desktop to monitor my trades when i am not at my desk, i do use it sometimes to close my trades/orders and it works just fine, not ideal but it does the job.

heispark likes this.
  9. qlai

qlai

Isn't there a CME portal that let's you do all this? Unless you trade other exchanges.

10. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Yes, server side OCO for Rithmic is supported in MotiveWave as of version 6.

#10     Sep 25, 2019
    heispark likes this.