Might Be in Trouble: What happens when a Naked Put Expires?

Discussion in 'Options' started by zghorner, Sep 6, 2019.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

1) Does trades he doesn't understand and goes begging for help
    2) Anger issues when confronted about it

Keep your day job, skippy.

#51     Sep 7, 2019
    jys78 likes this.
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

WTF are you talking about? That's exactly what I said. Read:

If you don't have about $133K buying power in your account, rest assured your broker will buy those back for you. At the ask too. A good broker should have called you by now. IB won't, they're too busy or too understaffed.
    I expect your position will be flat by 3:45 EST. Assuming you don't have the buying power.

My point regarding IB was you won't get a courtesy call first.

I've been in this situation only about 1000 times on Friday's over the years across multiple brokers. Both long/short, puts/calls, ITM/OTM, big positions/small positions.... Fidelity for one will call you at about 1PM and say that if its not closed by 3:20, they will take action and close it. If you tell them "you are watching it" and you have a track record with them, they will say fine and you can ride that bitch to the bitter end. 3:59:59 EST. As long as they know you have your eyes on it. Its the exact same thing with Schwab. Wanna debate this?
    I made no derogatory remarks in my above post regarding IB, merely that you won't get a warning. Good brokers build relationships however, and that is sometimes worth a premium. The ONLY thing IB is good for is its cheap. There's not much else. Care to debate that?

I don't know what your deal is and why you always feel compelled to defend IB, but there's a laundry list of shit that's wrong with Interactive Brokers. A TON of shit, across all aspects of their operations, starting with their customer service that they obviously recruit from GED programs paying $0.25/hour more than fast-food joints to entice the top of the classes. And the labor market must be tight as you have to stay on hold for 30 minutes before you talk to some idiot that doesn't know a stock from an option. I realize English is a second language for your Panda ass, but next time you want to respond to a post with some drunken Friday night attack sh*t like that I suggest you slow down first, re-read the post a few times to make sure you fucking understand it, and then think twice before you write a response. Have a nice day Ming-Ming.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    #52     Sep 7, 2019
  3. zdreg

zdreg

All 100% on the money[/QUOTE]
    mic as in minimal inhibitory concentration

Medical Definition of minimal inhibitory concentration
    : the smallest concentration of an antibiotic that regularly inhibits growth of a bacterium

I googled mic or did you mean something else?

#53     Sep 7, 2019
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Example of a "microphone" drop @ 0:14

#54     Sep 7, 2019
  5. zdreg

zdreg

A courtesy phone call is for amateur traders.

#55     Sep 7, 2019
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

I mean yeah, of course it is. That's why when you tell them you're watching it it conveys 2 things.
    1) you're watching it.
    2) You're watching it because... you know what the fuck you are doing.

That's like saying only an amateur quarterback throws an interception.
    Anybody can make a mistake, especially if you have several open positions.
    They don't call you to explain things... they call you as a courtesy just to remind you... "Hey, we just wanted to remind you you have an open position that is about to expire".
    IE... good customer service.

#56     Sep 7, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

zdreg said:
    A courtesy phone call is for amateur traders.

You are on the wrong thread for your response. Start your own thread and list all the downsides and offer solutions. Are you going to do it?

#57     Sep 7, 2019
  8. NOBODY sells naked equity options - except the institutions we bailed out

#58     Sep 7, 2019
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ok, now you're getting stupid here. I wasn't the one who ran with this. The cat pulled one sentence out of my original post and went ham. I will respond in kind thank you very much.

Besides @zdreg... wtf is an "amateur trader" by your definition anyway? You seem to want to use that in a derogatory manner. Well newsflash Palooka, there's 95,700 members at ET.... odds are 95,600 are technically "amateur traders". Professional vs. amateur. So what's your point? Let it go. The OP's trade is done. Who fucking cares.

#59     Sep 7, 2019
  10. zdreg

zdreg

wtf is an amateurish response.

Professional traders act in a certain way. Another thread can have a list of differences between amateurs and professionals.

#60     Sep 7, 2019