Midnight rally

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Rickshaw Man, Mar 24, 2005.

1. i think i just found the holy grail for you! go long! always go long!

#51     Jun 30, 2005
  2. nobody sees anything strange that since 2002 9 out of 10 days futures are up premarket?

#52     Jun 30, 2005

3. You are correct, alot of big time money managers have been sent to the poor house by being short, and not taking the loss.
    Barton Biggs was short Crude and advising his clients to get short. I don't know if he bailed but he must be hurting if he is still short.

#53     Jun 30, 2005

4. Sounds like good odds, what are you waiting for? Today is the last day of Q2 something was bound to happen to squirt the market up.

#54     Jun 30, 2005
  5. It's statements like this that are detrimental and crawl into traders brains and stay there.

#1 - Globex traded indices, for the most part, do not Gap. They do if you omit the overnight data but if you randomly omit any segment of the day in any Market you can create "a" consistency.

#2 - Less the 2% of the time (E-mini S&P), over the last 5 years (as long as I have kept specific data) has the Market changed direction overnight from the confirmed direction it created going into the close.

I know other Markets gap; grains, livestock precious metals, etc. but not the indices. As far as the Markets going "up" every night, that in nonsense. The month of June, in the mini S&P alone, has produced 11 upswings, 10 downturns and 1 flat open overnight and that is a far cry from "every single one" gapping up.

What is fishy is making a statement like you have.

#55     Jun 30, 2005
  6. Your statement is BS too. Try trading the underlying stocks of ANY index and see if the market doesn't gap.

#56     Jun 30, 2005
  7. I clearly stated the indices do not gap on their own.

I also cearly stated that markets do gap. Stocks were specifically omitted but included in the "etc."

Please quote me on what I stated not what you think I stated or what you think I meant. We will all get along better and pull less "wears" out of our collective bums.

#57     Jun 30, 2005
  8. Not to worry folks about this little sell off today. Just buy at the close and sell the next morning. The midnight rally gang will surely be a work tonight.

#58     Jun 30, 2005
  9. Buy now for the overnight rally its guaranteed!

#59     Jun 30, 2005

10. Just kick back and make profits on the long side in YM, all this as I sleep. Yep I will get up around 3:00 cst and glance at my profitable long position. Hey what can I say its a sure bet.

#60     Jun 30, 2005