Middle East Meltdown and US Foreign Policy.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jul 13, 2006.

1. March 1, 2012

SouthAmerica: A few years ago I could not imagine that the United States foreign policy regarding the Middle East could get more "Pathetic" than it was at that time.

But I was wrong, the United States foreign policy regarding the Middle East, and beyond it is more "Pathetic" than ever before - and the entire Middle East is in shambles, and the United States looks like they are completely clueless about everything that they do in that area of the world – everything is a massive mess and it is getting completely out of control.

And these clueless clowns want to start new wars in Syria and in Iran.

The United States foreign policy has been so incompetent and generates one fiasco after another - and their incompetence it's beyond the wildest imagination of anyone who has a brain to think.

Based on the United States foreign policy performance since 2001 - it looks like "Dumb and Dumber" are in charge of making US foreign policy in Washington D.C.

Criminal: Clinton ratchets up anti-Assad rhetoric – February 29, 2012

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7VirlVnY8Fk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With the US labeling the Syrian President as a "war criminal" and France calling for his prosecution in the International Criminal Court, the West appears to be ratcheting up its rhetoric against the Syrian government.

_On Tuesday, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified before a Senate subcommittee on the State Department's budget. Pressured by Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) into answering whether she thinks Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad fits the definition of a war criminal, Clinton said: "Based on definitions of war criminal and crimes against humanity, there would be an argument to be made that he would fit into that category."

Blind Side: Iraq & Syria wars similarities un-covered – February 29, 2012

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JDTjRqwqd5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The world's media is flooded with stories and images allegedly depicting the bloody results of the Syrian army's assault on the city of Homs. But few have compared the clashes to the massacre in Fallujah, Iraq, which happened nearly ten years ago and saw US troops fighting alongside the government, against the rebels.

When the collateral damage it's inconvenient for the US Armed Forces, then a general has the balls to ask people to “change the channel to a legitimate authoritative honest news station.”

And the channel that was doing their job reporting on the casualties of war it was labeled a propaganda channel.

According to the US mainstream media – good reporting is: to show the US missiles being launched from all kids of war machines.

And bad reporting is: to show where these missiles land and the damage that they cause to human beings – the destruction of property and the collateral damage of innocent people including woman, children and senior citizens.

#361     Mar 1, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

[​IMG]

#362     Mar 1, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

Hamburger Hill?

#363     Mar 1, 2012
  4. March 10, 2012

SouthAmerica: The United States and NATO destroyed Libya - and now that country is 1,000 times in worst shape than they were under Kaddafi.

The United States is becoming an expert in how to destroy countries and societies.

Pepe Escobar: US and NATO don't care that Libya is splintered – March 9, 2012

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YH3RRk0_Ox0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal leaders in the Eastern region of Libya have proclaimed their area a new state which will come with its own parliament and police force. But Libya's National Transitional Council has said it will do everything in its power to keep the country together and the NTC leader is even willing to use military force. So as Libya struggles to keep its stability why would the US consider intervening in Syria? Pepe Escobar, an Asia Times correspondent, joins us with his take.

#364     Mar 10, 2012
  5. July 22, 2012

SouthAmerica: A Reality Check about Iraq and Afghanistan

WAR CRIMES US soldiers speak I killed innocent civilians full documentary – July 22, 2012

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pM_UwiNEtRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#365     Jul 23, 2012
  6. #366     Aug 6, 2012
  7. It's scaring me that I find myself agreeing with South America.

The fact is US policy in the middle east was disastrous under Bush and has only gotten worse. Bush spent hundreds of billions and lost the lives of who knows how many of our soldiers...for what? To protect our freedoms, as warmongers like McCain are fond of saying? No one in their right mind believes that. I am sorry, i support our troops, I admire their bravery and I feel terrible about what we subjected them to, but I can't honestly say they were protecting our freedoms.

Now we are in an even more ahbsurd situaiton, if that were possible. While pretending to fight islamic extremist (only we can't call it islamic), we ushered the muslim brotherhood into power in egypt and probably libya. Syria is Iran's number one client state, so we can't be too upset what happnes there, except we be handing it over to an even bigger threat, al qaeda. Assad was a tyrant but he was not a religious fanatic and he respected some limits. Now Israel will likely find itself surrounded by hostile regimes whipping up their hate-filled citizens into a bloodlust.

Over in Afghanistan, we are caught between a rock and a hard place. We can't stay there forever, and the inept afghans can't prevent the taliban from retaking power without us there. Obama's "solution", to leave but continue to pour billions down that rat hole, gets us the worst of all options, losing while wasting a huge amount of moneyt we need right here at home. Meanwhile, the cause of all these problems, Pakistan, continues to play a double game, taking our money and pretending to be our ally while stabbing us in the back. obama's response? Silence mainly.

Now, if the debka post is accurate, we have the beginnings of the nightmare end game, the overthrow of the Saudi royal family. Like Assad, they are despicable, but the alternative is unthinkable.

#367     Aug 6, 2012
  8. jem

jem

I think SA is understated...

Bush was "dumb" by design. the neo leftists - called neo cons were quite smart and executed on their plan to transfer vast wealth to the military complex and Oil owners (and soon water).

From what we read... Obama's cabinet is dumb on so many issues -- for real. No experience, no competence, no leadership... just a bunch of academics and wall street collapsers.

#368     Aug 6, 2012
  9. .
    August 23, 2012

SouthAmerica: If you have been reading my articles going back to over 10 years, then you know that I have been anti-war all along, and I wish they stopped the killings in Syria and in the other countries in the Middle East ASAP.

Over the years we have been discussing at Brazzil magazine and also at the Elite Trader forums the subject of war in the Middle East, Africa, and also in South America.

I just put together some references to the web links to some of my writings on the subject and I created a new blog:

Israel and World War III
    http://israelandworldwariii.blogspot.com/

I hope you guys would enjoy reading and watching some of the videos about the subject of war.

#369     Aug 23, 2012
  10. It's a coincidence, AAA, that you are in agreement with him. Even a raving lunatic utters a coherent sentence now and then. SA's website refers to Nostradamus in support of his Israel WWIII prediction.

SA has shown that he is opposed in principle to all muscular American foreign policy. Therefore, Israel, a recipient of significant US aid, is the US' evil bastard child and its annihilation is thusly justified. Do you remember that Grouch Marx number in one of his movies? It's hook was the line, "If you commence it, I'm against it". Well, that is SA's approach to the US.

Perhaps you will be even more perturbed at the prospect of agreeing with me.

#370     Aug 23, 2012