Middle East - Balanced discussion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by freealways, May 11, 2003.

1. Middle East - Balanced discussion

Balanced discussion means NO hate posts please.

My question is : 'Will there ever be any peace without the removal and destruction of one or the other proup ?'

I note that Israel has just lifted closure of the Palestinian West Bank and Gaza Strip areas enabling passage of thousands of Palestinian workers to jobs in Israel and movement of goods traffic.

Presumably that is done as part of the process of getting peace talks going.

If the future is only a repeat of the past then a valid quesion would be : 'How soon before the influx of so many Palestinians
    will enable another big bomb blast incident ?'

And

'How can the animosity be resolved ?'

And

'How would YOU approach Abu Mazen's task of dismantling groups like Hamas ?'

freealways

2. <i>If the future is only a repeat of the past then a valid quesion would be : 'How soon before the influx of so many Palestinians
    will enable another big bomb blast incident ?' </i>

Very soon. Fresh blood for Allah.

<i>'How can the animosity be resolved ?' </i>

Complete seperation. Muslims need to be quarantined off from the civilized world, making it harder for them to reach their nihilist goals. Illogical and isolated Jewish settlements are a magnet for Arab violence, and some should be removed by the Israeli government.

Whenever you hear about a suicide bombing attrocity in Israel, it is always the work of West Bank Arabs- never Gazans. This is not because the Gazans are such nice people, but because they are fenced in so tight that they are effectively quarantined off from the civilized world, and have a very difficult time satisfying their Islamic bloodlust- except against each other.

Work has already begun on a similar fence for the West Bank, and this project will greatly serve the cause of peace in the region- far more effectively than any 'peace talks'.

<i>'How would YOU approach Abu Mazen's task of dismantling groups like Hamas ?' </i>

First, he'd need to decide to dismantle those groups. He DOES NOT intend to actively do so. A few weeks ago, the Israeli army lauched a raid against the terrorists, and Abu Mazen <b>complained bitterly </b> about this raid. If he intended to begin ordering the same sort of raids himself, he certainly wouldn't be complaining when the Israelis aid him in doing his job.

Abu Mazen is just another false hope on the long road of broken promises and shattered dreams.

3. >>Complete seperation. Muslims need to be quarantined off from the civilized world, making it harder for them to reach their nihilist goals<<

Rearden, that appears to be a harsh solution, harsh on the innocent majority (whose only desire, I believe, would be to get on with life, have a job and earn some money to live rather than subsist.)

It does however appear as if the one and only way for a change to the better (for the silent majority of Palestinians) would be for the many to stand up against (and over) the relative low number of extremists instead of the other way around.

From what I understand however, the way it appears to be at the moment is that the few people who dare to speak up get knocked off.

Or do I have that wrong, with most Palestinians actually being
    opposed to peace with Israel ?

Are there any other people who see it different ? Are there any better informed people here prepared to share their thoughts ?

freealways

4. Every evil culture has a few 'Oscar Schindlers', but I assure you that the majority of 'Palestinians' do not want a true peace settlement- they want only VICTORY.

In the Islamic world violent extremists are not at all the minority, but the mainstream. 51 to 68 percent of the so called 'Palestinian People' support homicide bombings against innocent civilian non-combatants, depending on which opinion poll you believe. Links:

http://www.likud.nl/extr251.html

http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/polSl.htm

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/2.../13/30299_.html

http://www.torahcc.org/news/5763/29-09-02/poll.htm

5. Rearden,

A.R. would be proud.

6. BTW, who is A.R. ?

Rearden I wouldn't believe any of these polls. It is a bit like Saddam sending some people out to poll the population whether they support his regime.

One can be guaranteed that the polls will indicate 100% support.

But ....................., are they saying what their true opinion is ?

freealways

7. No peace until there is peace in the hearts of the people who live there.

You cannot legislate peace.

8. So how do youenvisage bring that peace about Optional ?

freealways

9. There will only be peace with the Arabs once they have jailed their terrorists... failing that, once we have exterminated their terrorists...

10. Proper practice of their respective religions.

#10     May 12, 2003