middle class always getws screwed by the government

Discussion in 'Economics' started by zdreg, Feb 7, 2012.

1. You don't get it. Obama is fighting to bring back the middle class. If the market crashes then Obama has won and you're kids have the opportunity to experience the " American dream." If wall street wins then God help us all!

#11     Feb 7, 2012
  2. Obama does not give a shit about the middle class - it is all lip service and lies! Ron Paul is the only person who has stated principles and stands behind them - ALL the others are whores in the pocket of special interests/multis/big banks......

All Obama is for is "droning" anybody and everybody, I bet the fucker has a console to a drone personally and loves pushing those buttons.....

#12     Feb 8, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

'All Obama is for is "droning" anybody and everybody, I bet the fucker has a console to a drone personally and loves pushing those buttons....."

how else to impress mrs. obama who has a buffed body.:)

#13     Feb 8, 2012
  4. Arnie

Arnie

The US middle class is probably the most pampered group in the world. Add up all the credits and write-off's and the middle class is a net gainer on govt largese. In other words, the taxes the middle class pays are almost entirely offset with tax deductions and credits.

Just 2 examples:
    The mortgage interest deduction alone costs the treasury $100b a year.
    401k contributions cost $50b-$70b.
    College cedits
    Child credits
    etc....

Adds up to some real money.

#14     Feb 8, 2012
  5. Mvector

Mvector

#15     Feb 8, 2012
  6. Eight

Eight

soo... the lower class gets a rebate at tax time, the middle class is a net gainer.. some corporations are net gainers at tax time, criminals don't report income.. who is making up the difference for all the largesse? The wealthy are said to not pay enough of their share but it's shown that they are paying a large fraction of the entire public sector's income.

The problem is the left's idealogy. They won't give up on the progressive tax because it means that money goes through their shitty little paws as everybody has to capitalize on the largesse to break even on taxes. It gives them more control over everything and lots of money goes through their hands.. overall it's destroying the economy but as long as the economy can still struggle it's way forward, or even backward, what do they care?

If we shift to a much simpler consumption tax that everybody has to pay, the shift will immediately be towards smaller government. People will see how much of their money goes to government and they will not want more government. All candidates that have proposed a consumption tax [Cain and Paul] have been axe murdered or ignored by the Left and the press.

#16     Feb 8, 2012
  7. ask the handliners who fished sustainably and passed their liscence down through the family for generations until the government sold them out to the scumbag bottom draggers.

Canadians are just dumbass backwards slow learners who haven't yet figured out how to screw things up like we did.

By the time we get it together, they'll just be screwing their land up full time like we were years ago.

And don't even start with me on America ever getting it together. I am a big beleiver in American Exceptionalism, and there's no use talking logic to a beleiver.

#17     Feb 8, 2012
  8. Eight

Eight

I have to exit the US, it's too insane. Politicians nowadays are lowlifes, the two main parties are just crime families...

#18     Feb 8, 2012
  9. find the perfect country and join it, and as soon as you do it won't be perfect anymore, because you will be there. (unless of course, you are perfect.)

#19     Feb 8, 2012