Mid-East Peace: A Viable Solution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aristocrat, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Ahh, so if it is relevant to them, that means that it is relevant to everyone?

How myopic...

#51     Jul 19, 2006
  2. fhl

fhl

Then why on earth do you keep harping for an independent council or arbiter?

#52     Jul 19, 2006
  3. Because the US has the power and leverage to force Israel to accept it.

#53     Jul 19, 2006
  4. lol

#54     Jul 19, 2006
  5. fhl

fhl

Seems like something or somebody was left out of this equation. Guess that's because you know that "you know who" will never stop killing people.

#55     Jul 19, 2006
  6. Let me ask you a question:

If the US had the backing of the world before they went into Iraq, had the Soviets, the French, the Chinese, all of NATO, all of the UN security countil, etc. behind them, would the outcome today look different?

#56     Jul 19, 2006
  7. We're talking about their situation, not yours, we can only discuss their situation based on what's relevant to them and other parties involved, not based on what's relevant to you.

#57     Jul 19, 2006
  8. maxpi

maxpi

They did the ceasefire thing in Lebanon a few years back. Under a UN directive everybody was to disarm and they all did with the exception of Hezbolla. Why the UN could not disarm Hezbolla I don't know, it's just more UN bullshit. The current US and Israel administrations are right to downplay the UN the way they do and just take care of business they best way they can.

Iran's leaders are in the 10th century, they are getting rich off the oil money and they don't give a rat's ass about Lebanon so they let their little Hezbolla gang fire homemade rockets into Israel and kidnap Israeli soldiers when they know that will start a war and they start a war in their neighbor's home. Obnoxious leadership like that should not be allowed to stay in power. Overthrow the Iranian government and the funding for Hezbolla dries up.

Hugo Chavez has some Hezbolla gangs operating in his country. That is another interesting scenario. A Marxist with oil is teamed up with Iran and Hezbolla. Marxists will align with anybody they can get on board but immediately after they come to power all bets are off and the Marxists grab all the power and drop their allies like a bad habit. Chavez has talked of invading the US, I guess he plans to team up with Iranians and make an invasion with them as allies, obviously Iran can supply enough dummies to act as proxies and get in the line of fire while the leaders are in the lap of luxury in Tehran as evidenced by the Lebanese situation. I think those proxy guys are getting their skins blown off right now in Lebanon. Israel has cut off the escape routes and is bombing them all day every day for the next few weeks. They are bombing every truck on the highways from what I heard and they are dropping bunker busters where applicable. The proxy guys asked for it and they are getting it, I can't feel too sorry for them other than that they are dying for a delusion.

#58     Jul 19, 2006
  9. As it did in 2000. Unfortunately the US (and anyone else for that matter) does not have the power and leverage to force hezbollah/the Arab world to accept it and you still did not explain why you expect Israel and the US to be fooled twice after they were fooled once six years ago.

#59     Jul 19, 2006
  10. Actually you are talking about their situation and casualties only, while the rest are talking about both sides.

#60     Jul 19, 2006