Mid-East Peace: A Viable Solution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Aristocrat, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Go get your facts straight, the resolution was about Gaza, not about Lebanon. Besides four more countries abstained and at any rate if you disagree with the way the UN resolutions are adopted or rejected - tough luck. you can't have it both ways either.

#31     Jul 19, 2006
  2. I am not sure what is your source but to my knowledge at least Russia and France called to end the bombardment and use peaceful solutions, Russia in specific stated that while Israel has a right to defend, that right does not mean use of disproportionate force.

#32     Jul 19, 2006
  3. I am not the one supporting anyone's efforts to kill, wound, maime, or destroy property....

If the UN decided that Hezzbollah was wrong, then it should be UN troops or a coalition of troops, not exclusively Israeli troops at work here....

#33     Jul 19, 2006
  4. The idea put forth on this thread that countries that have far superior war making capabilities are still "endowed by "manifest destiny" to subdue, kill, impoverish or enslave other countries that are less technically advanced than themselves is no longer viable in the case of the present war in the middle east.

I was a flight dynamicist and spent my working life working on weapons, some of which had nuclear warheads. Some of these tactical nuclear weapons had warheads the size of bowling balls and theses weapons were designed as far back as 50 years ago.

Consequently, the idea that you need a ballistic missile shield like "starwars" is pure bull shit to enrich the defense industry.

Eventually, these weapons will be procured by terrorist and hand carried into countries like Isreal and the US and detonated.

This is serious shit that we have gotten ourselves into over the last 48 years and if things don't change very soon, it will end in nuclear bombs being exploded in the USA.

Instead of discussing who is right and who is wrong, we should be giving some serious thought of how to get our asses out of this mess as well as protecting our borders.

#34     Jul 19, 2006
  5. fhl

fhl

Just like Darfur, right?

#35     Jul 19, 2006
  6. dddooo - it's useless having ZZZzzz on ignore if you always quote him :(

Trust me, putting him on ignore is the best way to deal with him. I've learned that every time I read his posts, I drop a hundreth of an IQ point. Thank God I still have plenty to spare and I caught the problem in time.

#36     Jul 19, 2006
  7. Strawman.

#37     Jul 19, 2006
  8. Geez, that would put you into negative nubmers considering what you brought to the table to begin with...

#38     Jul 19, 2006
  9. There are UN troops in southern Lebanon, they are just not doing anything. Now what? The independent body ruled in Israel's favor, Hezbollah could not care less, Lebanon is not in compliance, the UN troops are not capable and/or willing to stop the attacks. And that did not just happen yesterday, that had been going on for 6 years. What do you do Z10, what do you do?

#39     Jul 19, 2006
  10. I start with a cease fire.

People don't usually reason too well from either side during this kind of fighting.

#40     Jul 19, 2006