Microsoft will have a big Patch Tuesday

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Banjo, Sep 12, 2010.

1. I found a solution for a major problem with Windows 7 that is not including in this patch.

If you have facial recognition software which seems to come with certain laptops, you may find that your system hangs and will not boot. I found this to be a problem.

I am also an IT tech, so I went through all the event logs to narrow down why I was having this issue, and found the error messages were linked to this software.

So, easy solution, I uninstalled the software, and just use a password for my Windows 7 Pro laptop.

If you are going to buy a new laptop or desktop, I would advise Windows 7 pro since its more stable, it does come with networking built in, and is backward complaint with Windows XP. All of the above is left out of the other versions of Windows 7. Also, what is nice, I am able to send print jobs to a printer connected to a Windows XP computer, which is not something that could be done with Vista. Also, I like that you can just click to shut down on Windows 7 without it asking for confirmation. Plus it does not have as many warnings like Vista does.

Finally, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit is now supported by trading software in 64 bit mode so if you do want faster trading data and faster application speeds, this is the best trading software upgrade in a long time.

#21     Sep 25, 2010
  2. One other issue I just found, is for some reason, Microsoft media player became the default player for .flv files. Now this would not be such a problem except for the fact that no sound was playing. I thought my computer was really messed up by the retards at Microsoft, but again simple solution, right click on one of your files, and then choose open with to reset it to a non Microsoft application.

#22     Oct 3, 2010
  3. I've always wondered... Does it ever happen your pigeon gets lost and never delivers the message?

:p

#23     Oct 3, 2010
  4. Hey.... if I don't have a cell phone, my wife can't find me except for when I'm home.

#24     Oct 3, 2010
  5. Five years ago I had 17 phone numbers and close to 10 e-mail addresses.

A few years ago a phone was ringing while I was on another. I took the ringing phone and threw it out the window while driving across a bridge. It felt so good I did the same with the phone I was talking on - during the call. I picked up the rest of them off the seat and threw them out the window too. I got home and pulled the batteries out of all of them. I shut off all the computers and went to the beach for a month. Then another month. Then all summer. From there I went to Vegas for a couple months, then back to where I grew up for a couple months, then back home to be lazy for another year.

Today I have one "throw away" cell phone only because a year ago my Dad was dying a slow death and I needed a phone. About 4 people have this phone number.

I have two e-mail addresses today.

Cell phones suck. E-mail sucks. Live with less of both and you live a better life.

I respect anyone with zero cell phones.

#25     Oct 3, 2010
  6. I got a sales call for a cell phone one time, and I told the solicitor... "I wouldn't have one if it were free". He said, "It IS free"... he meant the phone, not the service of course.

Even when I had clients, my phone was unlisted. One guy asked, "how can you be in business with an unlisted phone"?..

Maybe I'm just a phone-o-phobe...

#26     Oct 3, 2010
  7. no phone here. I don't want to be annoyed when I'm out of the house.

#27     Oct 5, 2010
  8. i have 2 cells phone and i send/receive a few thousand texts per month (mainly to women). cells are the best invention ever. before, it was very hard to date multiple women at once but with the advent of cells, it's now much easier.

#28     Oct 5, 2010
  9. so fatal car accidents are good too? because they force car companies to make safer cars.

#29     Oct 5, 2010
  10. Microsoft is a hacker. They could sell you software without bugs, but then you'd not be dependant upon them. They have you by the balls.

Keep running those updates which contain kill pills; they love it!

#30     Oct 5, 2010