Microsoft shares rise nearly 9% in pre-market trades following earnings report

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Topper, Oct 23, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

How many times have we heard the hype behind EVERY single operating system they have come out with.

#11     Oct 23, 2009
  2. Topper

Topper

But you're also talking massive Xbox blowout numbers not to mention stepping into Xmas as well as the new Office suite, and if I remember correctly, aren't they giving away for free their older versions of office? Oh yeah, and 7.

#12     Oct 23, 2009
  3. We hear hype all of the time. But rarely does a new OS from Windows come out with such rave reviews. Vista had hype but the reviews were god awful once it came out. Windows 7 is clearly in a different league. If the reviews I'm reading are true, Windows 7 could help PC makers, chip makers, the whole bunch of them.

#13     Oct 23, 2009
  4. Windows 7 has been a clear winner for over 6 months now.

If you are just getting the word, crawl back under that rock.

As for units sold, it should be quite high.

#14     Oct 24, 2009
  5. Topper

Topper

6. jprad

jprad

Apple's latest commercial sums up the entire Windows OS history pretty nicely, if not laugh out loud funny if you've been around since the Windows/286 days.

Truth be told, Win7 is simply Vista 2.0 with a prettier GUI and follows the pattern of a usable WinOS release after an abominable one.

The worst part, IMHO, of both Vista and Win7 is the paranoid security and DRM crawling throughout the OS.

I've already bumped my head into Microsoft denying me access to my WinXP machine because of their programmatic idea of one too many upgrades which requires me to call some twerp in India in order to regain access.

Sorry, MS, you and the RIAA/MPAA do NOT own my machine, get your friggin' mitts off of it.

I'll stick with WinXP until the security updates stop, or this hardware dies. After that, it's a Mac from now on.

#16     Oct 24, 2009
  7. Topper

Topper

Hate to say it but I couldn't agree more. MS software to me is the biggest annoyance right down to that invasive Genuine Advantage garbage.

#17     Oct 24, 2009
  8. bighog

bighog Guest

Zero reason to upgrade to windows 7 in next couple years UNLESS you are building or purchasing a new box. A new operating system is not a compelling reason to buy a new box though.

As for a MAC, that is not a trading machine it is more for little school girls. Mac has 5% mkt share and all this hype of increasing mkt share is hogwash. I read somewhere even if MAC doubled mkt share they would have a whopping 10% share.........and that artical even suggested that would take a few years, if ever. MSFT has been a dead in the water stock for what a decade now?

Apple has a following like the republican party has a base. Some people just never wise up and fail to see they are being duped. :D

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1559645/apple-delays-upgrading-boot-camp-windows

Myself i am looking to like last qtr of 2010 to build a new box. Wait for 32nm intel chip, serial attached scsi 6 , 15K speed instead of 3. LSI controller, new this and that and as last resort drop in a OEM copy of windows professional 7. I would like to build a 2 chip box but my trading is so simple i couls still be using the first box i bought. But grown up boys still like to tinker with toys. :)

PS: SSD drives will not beat a scsi spinning at 15k on a good controller card............the integrated scsi chips on th motherboard are not good, you need a good controller card. HOG OUT!!!

#18     Oct 24, 2009
  9. jprad

jprad

Yoke's on you, son...

C'mon back when Windows finally grows up and becomes a real multiuser platform with a correctly built client/server GUI.

People with Windows myopia really have no idea just how much they're missing...

#19     Oct 25, 2009