Microsoft 's future?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Charly, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Charly

Charly

Comments of more knowleadgable investors are welcome.
    What is going to happen to MS and this industry?

My reason for asking are Motley's comments - such as:

"On October 30, 2005, something incredible happened...

In Redmond, Washington, one of the world's richest -- and most powerful -- businessmen sent an urgent memo to his top engineers and most-trusted managers.

It sounded the alarm that a very disruptive "wave" was about to wash over the entire world -- forever changing the way we get information and do business.

It also warned this would wipe out the $200 billion business empire he'd spent
    his life building.

Meanwhile, a few hundred miles south, on the banks of the Columbia River, a mysterious outfit known only as "Design LLC" quietly constructed two massive, windowless warehouses.

This mammoth undertaking was code-named "Project 2," and the International Herald Tribune described the towering monolithic structures as "looming like an information-age nuclear plant."

I realize this may sound like something out of a Tom Clancy novel, but I think you'll want to bear with me, because...

Analysts estimate this "wave" has grown into a $160 billion tsunami
    And experts say it's going to upend a $1 trillion industry. Yet very few investors understand just how huge it's going to be.

That's why I urge you to take the next few minutes to read this report in its entirety.

At the very least, you'll get the full story so you can decide for yourself if you'll be front and center when the big money starts rolling in.

But I warn you, the smart money is on the move...

A handful of investors are already quietly positioning themselves to cash in on this incredible economic shift. Soon, tens of thousands will be rushing to join them.

One of the most lucrative investment opportunities we'll ever encounter..........................."

Hopefully this thread will not be deleted as the previous one was -
    for no obvious reason

2. 1) MSFT should "go the way" of IBM, Xerox, HP, Wang, DEC et al. It's stature will diminish and be supplanted by "new" technology.
    2) Please provide a four sentence summation of the report.
    3) Be on the lookout for emerging growth stocks that continue to make new-highs. :)

3. So what is this industry? I saw the ads from Motley Fool and they were stupid. There was another similar ad on the end of Wal Mart.. They seem to be nothing more than fantasies meant to sell Motley Fool subscriptions.

4. Charly

Charly

2) Please provide a four sentence summation of the report.
    3) Be on the lookout for emerging growth stocks that continue to make new-highs. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for your comment.

2) Almost impossible. Sorry.
    Further details may be found on their site: www.fool.com

3) Any names please?

A bit more from their mail:

" "Is cloud computing the next big thing?"
    That's the title of an article in PC Magazine.

The answer was an overwhelming yes. And PC Magazine isn't the only one taking note of this sweeping trend...

The Economist claims, "As computing moves online, the sources of power and money will increasingly be enormous 'computing clouds.'"

David Hamilton of the Financial Post says this technology "has the potential to shower billions in revenues on companies that embrace it."

And Nicholas Carr, former executive editor of the Harvard Business Review, has even written an entire book on the subject, titled The Big Switch. In it, he asserts: "The PC age is giving way to a new era: the utility age."

He goes on to make this prediction: "Rendered obsolete, the traditional PC is replaced by a simple terminal -- a "thin client" that's little more than a monitor hooked up to the Internet.""

Thank you for taking your time!

5. Charly

Charly

They seem to be nothing more than fantasies meant to sell Motley Fool subscriptions. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes - sounds very much like that.

Thank you.

6. I have a nickname for Motley. It's called Motley Bull.

7. Motley Fool has evolved into a scumbag spammer service trying to do their best to pump and dump.