Microsoft puts out fix for Explorer flaw

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Banjo, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Been using Firefox browser for 2+ years now. Free, faster, fewer 'jam ups'. Updates several times per year. World wide effort on its development. Thought I read a couple years ago that MS would stop updating IE?

Just for laughs I will use IE and I notice a big difference in speed of page loading. Don't laugh, I've got dial-up. I live out in the swampy areas.

Mozilla also has Thunderbird for email.

#11     Sep 27, 2006
  2. Thanks for Thunderbird info.

What about Netscape, how does that browser compare with IE and Firefox ?

#12     Sep 28, 2006
  3. hcour

hcour Guest

Firefox 2.0 is currently in beta-testing. It has a built-in spell-checker and some other goodies.

I may have misunderstood one of the posts, but the Download Manager does not delete files from your hd when you use "Cleanup", it just removes them from that list. You still have to manually delete the file from you hd.

H

#13     Sep 28, 2006
  4. For those who think Firefox is slow to load and are not sure its the best thing since sliced bread.

Try Avant browser. http://www.avantbrowser.com/

It uses the IE backend engine, loads fast, runs faster than anything else except maybe Opera, and had most of the useful tabbed browser features before Firefox. :)

#14     Sep 28, 2006
  5. Are you using thunderbird? How do you like it? Hows it compare to outlook?

Anyone else use it?

#15     Sep 28, 2006
  6. I use thunderbird (and have firefox as well as the imho faster=better avant).

Its good. Has quite a nice learning spam filter although the spammers change their patterns regularly. It and Outlook Express have the best combination of multiple accounts and mail encryption facilities. Very similar look and feel and good import from Outlook or OE. Pegasus etc are good too but feel different.

#16     Sep 28, 2006