Microsoft end sales of the kin! 2 years in the making and only 48 days to end sales!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jun 30, 2010.

1. MSFT = Ma Bell.

#11     Jul 1, 2010
  2. MattF

MattF

that's about as good as its WebTV box...

#12     Jul 1, 2010
  3. drcha

drcha

They need to get a new gig over there, or go back to software. I live in the area, and even the people who work for them laugh at them.

#13     Jul 1, 2010
  4. I hear a lot, and this is the first I ever heard of this thing.

The pr must have sucked.

#14     Jul 1, 2010
  5. Apple's video phone feature is a killer apps, it will make tons of money for both phone companies and Apple. HD video camera is amazing tools also.

#15     Jul 2, 2010
  6. Here is a photograph of Ms. Ho.
    [​IMG]

#16     Jul 3, 2010
  7. jem

jem

MSNBC caused both Microsoft and NBC to lose credibility in the marketplace.

When america experiences rachel maddow and olbermann with your companies name... you are on your way down.

#17     Jul 3, 2010
  8. Microsoft just does not have the management know-how to pull off a product that functions as well as the iphone or android. They try to make themselves seem hip and cool, but have been the weirdo at the party for at least 8 years now. They basically have this "lazy class" of product managers who have no foothold on reality, so they continually crank out weak stuff.

I saw the Kin commercials and wondered: why the hell would I want pictures of my ex-girlfriend online just to delete them? The commercial itself seemed just flat out weird -- a creepy, stalker guy getting rejected by a blond with a hideous face.

Social networking is not the sole purpose of a phone. With the iPhone, you have a genuine information device that has real utility in day to day life. With Kin, it's hard to figure out what the purpose is except to keep collections of ugly ex-girlfriends. I just don't get it.

#18     Jul 3, 2010
  9. jem

jem

perhaps bill gates need to get back involved the way jobs did.

#19     Jul 3, 2010
  10. Millionaire

Millionaire

The same bill gates who once said "640K ought to be enough for anybody"

He released a book in November 1995 called "The Road Ahead", which largely dismissed the internet (mentioning it briefly) and the web, seeing it as a mere stepping stone towards the "real" "information superhighway". All the while trying to use Windows 95 to push "The Microsoft Network" ("MSN"), at the time a proprietary online service to compete with the likes of Compuserve and AOL.

Gates realized that the internet was gaining traction, so one month after it hit the stores MS's strategies were allegedly realigned, and a "Completely Revised and Up-to-Date" edition of "The Road Ahead" came out in October 1996.

#20     Jul 3, 2010