microphone noise

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zxcv1fu, Jan 27, 2002.

1. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I just added a video PCI card next to my sound card. Now my microphone has a continous noise to the person that I am suppose to chat to.

Is my microshone going bad or the interference of the video card?

2. DUH...whadda you think? no noise ...video card in >noise...uhhh ipso facto...we appear to have a causal conextion here. take out the dam card and see if it goes away..DUH

3. tom_p

tom_p

4. That's funny stuff!!!

I just love it when he throws his arm up and yells..."MOVE!"

..hahahahahaha!

"And by the way, "YOU"RE WELCOME!"

PS Let me clue ya..the truth is >the resemblence is uncanny. He's a hansum devul. :-D

5. Bad week of trading, protrader? I'm sure putting down other people on this board makes you feel like a big man, doesn't it?

6. Depending on which video card it is, it may have audio codec's on it as well (for MPEG for instance). Try to see if there is any audio on your video card you can disable. Alternatively, if there is a good Audio codec on your video card, you may be able to eliminate your sound card.

finally, sometimes you can feed the audio out of the video card directly into the sound card via line-in. If there is "humming" that's often because the line-in is connected incorrectly.

hope this helps !

7. sarasota...know what you're problem is...ya got no sense of humor.poor devul...hahahahaha!

8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

My vodeo card is for my 2nd monitor, there is no audeo input.

If my microphone input connection is not correct, how come my friend can hear my voice also?

9. Pro, Thanks for setting me straight. I guess I can sleep better at night.

Maybe I took your post out of context. I thought you were slamming him, and apparently you were making a joke. Sorry.

P.S. I have a very good sense of humor. Thank you!

10. this is rediculus....move the vidEO card to another PCI slot...duh..
    this isnt brane sirguree!

#10     Jan 27, 2002