Micro E-mini Madness (2% per day)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by sstheo, Aug 19, 2019.

1. traider

traider

Are you using Level 2 orderbook data for scalping?

#411     Oct 3, 2019
  2. sstheo

sstheo

Someone in the chatroom I hang out in is trading the orderbook like a madman and killing it.

But so far I have not. This is what I do:

I just use a fast small range bar HA candle chart with a 50 sma and an ATR "stop and reverse" with an RSI below. My new secret weapon of the last year was adding some volume analysis in the form of a cumulative delta line and volume delta candles. I scalp in the direction of my larger time-frame bias and carefully watch S & R levels. You can see some of my other posts for the larger time frame examples. The light blue line below is the CDelta. While it is WRONG often, I try to not fight it, knowing there are some bigger players hitting the bid or ask.

This is the NQ, which I watch for my micro NQ trades, so that I am using full volume data to make decisions.

upload_2019-10-3_10-45-52.png

Are you having success scalping Level 2 data?

#412     Oct 3, 2019
    Bobiz likes this.
  3. Bobiz

Bobiz

sstheo,I'm keenly following your impressive performance so far,and want to know if you're still scalping for avg 2 points or going for at least 4 points as target profit.

#413     Oct 3, 2019
  4. Bobiz

Bobiz

sstheo,
    I downloaded the SMA from OneDrive but was not able to embed it onto my MultiCharts.

#414     Oct 3, 2019
  5. sstheo

sstheo

Thanks. It's fun thinking about where this can go if I can keep it up and keep my risk under control.

I actually don't like using the word "scalp" because I think of HFT, going for 1 to 2 ticks. I like to use the term "fast trades," because I really am going for at least $10 (20 ticks) on the MNQ or MYM as stated in my original rules. That micro $10 is like $100 on the regular E-minis.

This being said, I have MANY trades that are only 7 ticks on the MNQ or MYM. And these $3.50 trades are really only about $3.00 net. Who in the heck does this? ME, that's who. But again, I am going for bigger trades. I would just would rather get $3 than $0 or -$5 (my quick mental stop) or -$20 (my fixed stop).

After conversion to E-minis, each of these 7-tick scalps is the equivalent of $30 on the regular E-minis, and just 10 of those will get me $300 per day or $75k per year. Then if I trade 2 E-minis with 10 good small trades, that could be $150k. Then if 3 contracts . . . Well you get the picture. Its all about being able to slowly scale a working system without modifying it all the time.

Stats: I just ran my stats again. I have had 272 trades in 25 trading days or 11 trades per day average. I have had 223 winners and 46 losers for an 83% win rate. And my average net trade counting all winners and losers is actually very close to $3.00 at $2.86 per trade. Since I have only done (mostly) single contract trades so far, this is $2.86 per contract.

There are times now where I think a trend is forming, and I am more likely to let a trade run a bit longer than before, so this may help get my per-contract average up to and above $4.00.

#415     Oct 3, 2019
  6. sstheo

sstheo

Are you using the File>Import function in the PowerLanguage Editor menu bar? Or perhaps you are using the .Net version? And be sure to use the Compile > All Uncompiled function from the main menu.

#416     Oct 3, 2019
  7. sstheo

sstheo

Flash announcement. My wife persuaded me to withdraw $500 from the account earlier today. I had just crossed $1700 this morning, so it was not a problem, and AMP had the money in my account within just 4 hours. This is a setback for my scaling goal, but I will try to keep up the recent performance and make it a non-issue. My current balance is now around $1200, so I can still trade 2 contracts at a time.

None of us lives in a vacuum, and I did not argue with my wife. She is a great supporter of my efforts, but felt we needed the money on the bills. We recently married off our second daughter and are still paying for the wedding!

#417     Oct 3, 2019
  8. Bobiz

Bobiz

sstheo,your methodology is working well for you,keep compounding geometrically and scale up accordingly, there is no need to change a winning team.

#418     Oct 4, 2019
  9. Bobiz

Bobiz

sstheo,I'm an old school,not a techie and all you said sound Greek to me.I can't even remember how I did the little that I last time.

#419     Oct 4, 2019
  10. He needs to trade the Mini's... he is giving too much away in commish....

#420     Oct 4, 2019