Micro E-mini Madness (2% per day)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by sstheo, Aug 19, 2019.

1. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave has both Cumulative Delta (and much easier to set up than I've seen explained here--that's quite a process getting it set up!) and Footprint/Volume Delta.

#281     Sep 17, 2019
  2. 4ex

4ex

Be nice to see an example ...

#282     Sep 17, 2019
  3. Bobiz

Bobiz

Hi sstheo,what's the lime/red line on this CLV19
    Hi sstheo,what is the lime/red line on this CLV9 15 points Cumulative Delta chart,and it's application?

#283     Sep 17, 2019
  4. Bobiz

Bobiz

I'm keenly following your Micro minis and want to know why your "Big Chart" and "Medium Chart" are both same size (time frame),for example NQ 15 points for both.
    Big Chart: 15 points range bar line on close W/cumulative delta up tick vs down tick;
    Medium Chart: 15 points range bar line on close W/volume delta up tick vs down tick.

#284     Sep 17, 2019
  5. heispark

heispark

#285     Sep 17, 2019
    MotiveWave likes this.
  6. sstheo

sstheo

Bobiz, the red/green SMA is from the public domain. What is interesting about this one is that in a tight range it turns blue. As with all things I discuss, you have to tweak to fit your style. ET doesn't support uploading of the .pla file for MC, so here it is on OneDrive.

What is its application? Its one more visual reminder for me not to be an idiot and fight the trend. My favorite indicator of all time is a red 50 sma. But adding the green to the SMA has helped me step back and rethink some entries.

I am still looking for another version of the SMA that changes color with the slope. This one simply turns green if the price is above and red if the price is below. It is good, but the other would be better in my opinion.

Regarding the Big and Medium charts, yes both are 15 tick ranges, but the big chart is a line chart that can easily show me multiple days, whereas the medium chart is my volume delta chart that only shows me 15 to 20 bars usually.

I used to use a 7 tick range bar on the NQ and a 5 tick on the YM, but with the current volatility, I had to stretch things a bit. ;)

upload_2019-9-17_18-47-36.png

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    #286     Sep 17, 2019
  7. sstheo,

Do you use the "join bid" and "join ask" buttons...or do you just get in and out with market orders when trading the MNQ?

Es

#287     Sep 17, 2019
  8. sstheo

sstheo

Great question Mr. ES . Usually I use limit orders for both entries and exits, but when the market seems to be moving quickly, I use market orders, especially for exits. I have seen $15 MNQ profits disappear in mere seconds before. I would rather get $10 on that trade than -$10!

#288     Sep 17, 2019
  9. Ty

#289     Sep 17, 2019
  10. Have you ever tried to trade the MNQ in the evening?

Es

#290     Sep 17, 2019