Micro E-mini Madness (2% per day)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by sstheo, Aug 19, 2019.

1. sstheo

sstheo

Actually, I will need to shoot for 3% or more on winning days to average 2% over the 6 months. I want to reach 2% AVERAGE ROI for each day, week, and month. I will post a spreadsheet each week showing my daily net profits and keep track of the average percent gain.

#11     Aug 19, 2019
    jaz9008 likes this.
  2. sstheo

sstheo

$.78 per Round Trip, all-in.

#12     Aug 19, 2019
  3. sstheo

sstheo

I will explain my trading plan soon in another post, but will start out with just 2 micro contracts and build from there as my account grows. I think I will require a $500 margin per micro contract, so I will trade 3 simultaneous micro contracts only after I reach a balance of $1500, and so forth.

#13     Aug 19, 2019
  4. S2007S

S2007S

What is the best platform to use for trading micro e-minis?

I'm looking to try it out with a $1000 account myself. Now that they have micro futures I figure why not try it out. Plus they trade pretty much around the clock.

#14     Aug 19, 2019
    sstheo likes this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

3% is 30pts, single contract to start with, depending on time and skills some crazy days 10% via NQ alone,YM which i stopped too scarey 30% seriously these days.

#15     Aug 19, 2019
    sstheo likes this.
  6. EsKiller

EsKiller

Shouldn't be impossible for the skilled trader. 2% on a $1000 account trading micro ES is 4 points per day on one contract. Trading all day with this years volatility is pretty easy to accomplish.

#16     Aug 19, 2019
    sstheo likes this.
  7. Sinbin

Sinbin

Awesome thread sstheo... I’ll give it a follow. This was something I found interesting in March after I found out about the e-micro.

The margin requirements aren’t bad, but a little expensive. Still, this looks like a fun idea. Look forward for more of your posts about this!

#17     Aug 19, 2019
    sstheo likes this.
  8. sstheo

sstheo

For me, the best broker for the micros is the cheapest one!

What is so strange to me is that the Round Trip costs vary significantly among brokers. Gain/OEC is still over $2.00, but Ninja is about $.82 and AMP is $.78.

#18     Aug 19, 2019
  9. sstheo

sstheo

Please explain more. Are you saying I should try for 3% average? LOL

#19     Aug 19, 2019
  10. sstheo

sstheo

I have reached the 2% goal for many days now, but I wanted to help other struggling traders by formalizing and publicizing the effort.

And you are right, the volatility is so crazy right now.

But the "easy to accomplish" part is probably NOT readily embraced by all who read this. It presupposes that the trader is correct in their interpretation of the market action more often than not.

And that is the big challenge! -- especially with the loose cannon of a tweeter in the white house, the "what is an interest rate?" incompetence at the Fed, the "it won't die" Brexit news, yield curve inversion end-of-world predictions, and all the trade war crap.

#20     Aug 19, 2019