Micro Charts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by reid5525, Jan 30, 2003.

1. The fastest way to view charts for 100 scan results is for the scanner to display the scan results on micro charts. Like 100 micro charts to a page and you scroll down to see them all. These are mini version stock charts that shows price and volume and can be accompanied by numbers for price, volume,etc. I want every real-time market scanner to use micro charts. You can look at 100 micro charts in 60 to 90 seconds. Clicking individually on 100 chart tabs to viev scan results takes 20 minutes. That's how most real-time market scanners work. Imagine doing that several times during the trading session. Nobody wants to go that route. Real-time market scanners must become more user friendly if they are to be fully embraced by daytraders.
    Prophet.net uses micro charts, but I do'nt like the fact that they do'nt let you select your own price and volume parameters at their Chart Toppers feature and you get price displayed only in "bar". No "line", no "candlestick".
    Go to Prophet.net to see an example of market scan results being displayed on micro charts. Click on "Explore" then "Chart Toppers". Subscribers get 100 scan results each for NYSE,Nasdaq and AMEX. But, the site has the limitations I mentioned above. Tell your real-time market scanner provider to get with micro charts.
    Ewart

2. Quote Tracker uses micro charts.